what to do with docs/passport on water related excursions?

SunTravels

I am wondering what people do to secure their sign and sail and passport on sure excursions, when they are in the water or only wearing a bathing suit. Do people use something waterproof to keep them with them at all times? Any suggestions welcome.

Leave most of it on the ship. You need your S&S card, a photo ID, maybe a credit card and some cash. Except for the photo ID it won't hurt any of it to get wet. All of mine goes in a velcro pocket. I do have a small water resistant holder that I put my ID in but that goes in my pocket.

Depends on where you are going! Personally, I would never, ever leave my pass port behind. If you are in a different country this is your ticket back. PPL will always tell you to leave it on the ship, don't. I've been all over the world and in an emergency or unexpected event, you will need that as proof of who you are (a driver's license wont get you back into the country...). Why take a risk, seal it in a water proof bag and have fun (take the same precautions while out that you do with your credit cards or travel. checks). 8 ppl were nearly left in Belize when we were there in April and I sure wouldn't want to be with out my pass port there! (or anywhere) Remember to keep a copy of it at home with someone and one in the ships cabin safe just in case it's lostor stolen while you are off they ship. Have FUN sailing!

I have a waterproof waist pack that I purchased a few years ago. It's big enough to keep a wallet, cash, passport, and/or other documents for both my husband and I. It rolls at the top and then fastens to form a watertight seal. It works very well except for one time when I didn't get it sealed properly and I had $500 in very wet Canadian currency. :D I think they can be purchased through most any sporting goods stores or online by doing a search.

It's also very handy when we are at a resort and both want to swim but don't want to leave our valuables by the chaise lounge. I've also used it while on a jetski.

Robin B

Archived