Old,Young,and Us on 1st cruise

meanestmom

Sailing on the Conquest 1st week Dec. w/5 yr old, a 8 yr old ,76 yr old an 81 yr old. DH are going to love every minute of it.But..Are they?!?My parents are NOT into the drinking scene... They watched Inside Edition....And Believe Everything they see...:( .....? Is it better to go 1st week in Dec. (Take our kids out of school) Will there less drunken people? (Besides us-LOL)

We will be on the Conquest the second week of October with a 5-year old. We have not cruised Carnival before, but Conquest is supposed to be one of the best ships for children. We usually vacation off season right now while our son is young, but that will stop. There won't be as many children aboard during the off season as there is during the peak season, but still very enjoyable. And I've always been able to find a semi-quite place when I wanted one, but it's usually more rowdy around the pools and the bars around them. At least that's my experience from our two other cruises.

Sailing on the Conquest 1st week Dec. w/5 yr old, a 8 yr old ,76 yr old an 81 yr old. DH are going to love every minute of it.But..Are they?!?My parents are NOT into the drinking scene... They watched Inside Edition....And Believe Everything they see...:( .....? Is it better to go 1st week in Dec. (Take our kids out of school) Will there less drunken people? (Besides us-LOL)

That's too bad they let yellow journalism get to them. While there are bound to be party people on every ship, the majority are not.

The first week in December should be a fairly mild crowd, it's not a popular vacation time. Kids are in school, people are starting to get busy with holiday plans. The rates are low that time of year for a reason. Actually, your parents may find the majortiy of the fellow pax will be seniors, they are the ones looking for these types of bargain prices and they are the ones able to go at that time of year.

Archived