trip with toddler and infant! need advice

redmustanggt89

Are children under 2 charged at a different rate? My mom and dad (dad has cancer) would like to take his children and grandchildren to Alaska next year. (hopefully). It is possible that 1 great grandchild will only be 7 or 8 months old and the other one will be 22 months old. I know it will be a major undertaking, but this is something HE wants, so my daughter and I are willing to give it a try. My mom is still in good enough health to help also.

I am trying to see how much money it will take and any advice to make things go smoother will be greatly appreciated. I have not decided on a cruise line yet. I only know the destination will be Alaska.

The best thing to do is check the total price for all of you on a few/a bunch of cruises. When I checked prices to take my 13 month old twins, even though Norwegian only charged port charges for them, the per person price was more for adults, so it was more expensive than taking the babies on a similar Princess cruise, where I did have to pay for a 3rd person, but because the adult fares were on sale, the total price for all of us was less on Princess.

Best,

Mia

Hello!

We are going to Alaska on the 27th of May with my 2 1/2 yr old and my 1 yr old. We are booked on the NCL Star leaving out of Seattle. You will only have to pay port charges and taxes for your kids under 2 ($150) You will probably have to book a minisuite or higher to accomodate 4 in a room. Since my in laws are coming with us we booked a penthouse and a minisuite to accomodate everyone. NCL was the only cruise line I found that doesn't charge for kids under 2.

Regards,

Shannon

Archived