Our day in Cabo San Lucas

judyf

Easter Sunday 4/16/06-Cabo San Lucas

Time in port is 8am and the last tender is 3:30pm. We're up early and off the ship by 8:00-8:30am. We get a glass bottom boat tour for $12.00 pp. With only the two of us, I didn't think that was bad. The guy who sold us the tickets spoke great English. The guide for the boat he took us to didn't speak English. We didn't realize this till we were on our way. A group of 6 Spanish speaking people join us for the tour. We only had to wait 5-10 minutes. It's a good thing they joined our boat. The tour was good only because the other group translated what they could for us and from my research I already had an idea, Lovers Beach, Divorce Beach etc. It would have been a lot better if the guide spoke English. A little tip to look out for. I asked to get off by The Melia Resort. I made sure several times the guide knew this. He let us off close to the Office.

We went to the Office for breakfast and the food was great, service was good but slow very slow. From some of the pictures I saw online I wanted to get one of the cabanas at the Melia, they looked like fun. We started to walk the beach down towards the Melia. We, made it as far as this places called The Sand Bar. It was great ,this young gentleman came over to us and was telling us about their happy hour all day everyday. He started to get us a table, I said we wanted lounges so he got them for us and an umbrella for shade. I decided to stay right here as the Melia looked packed. The Sand Bar ended up being great, the margaritas were 2 for $6.00 and they were really good.

We even did some shopping while we were there. This wonderful young lady came and sat right down with us and costume made some ankle bracelets for us and for such a great price we gave her more then she asked. She stayed with us for about an hour I think making us just want we wanted. Then I bought a platter and 2 bowls form a gentleman. They did make it back to NY in one piece I was worried about that. I swam in the water it was nice, some waves to make it fun but nothing to worry about. We had a great view of the ship from our chairs.

We stayed there as long as we could. When we're ready to leave we go up to the place next to us to get us a cab. A lady working there didn't want to help at all. This young gentleman tried calling for us a few times but the lines were busy. He explains how to walk up a few blocks to get a cab. It wasn't bad for me but my mother didn't like walking the few blocks, mainly due to the heat. We get a cab to take us to Cabo Wabo, I get a waborita, a bottle of Cabo Wabo and a T-shirt. It was late and we didn't see anyone from the ship there as I thought we would. I guess we wanted to late but we were having to much fun at The Sand Bar.

We go back out were the cab dropped us off and again we needed to walk to get a cab. We see this guy on a bike with the little trailer type thing behind him, ( just like on the boardwalk in Atlantic City ). We ask him if he went to the pier and he takes us. I can't remember the price but it wasn't that much. It was a longer ride then I thought it would be. It was nice to see everything from the cart behind the bike.

We get in line for the tender is was fairly long but went quick. As everyone else has stated about Cabo, I wish we had more time here. This is another place I would go back to and use our timeshare.

Any questions just ask.

Link to Cabo pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/album/549931762jnvCsP

Archived