How is the RC childrens program?

Goodml:

Thank you for providing info on Camp Carnival. It is nice to get feedback from somebody who has been there and done that.

What a hard time trying to decide between RCCL and Carnival (Glory).

DD (who will be 9 when we cruise) is not a shy girl and mingles very good with everybody. In fact, she actually likes to help out everybody. Again, she gets to pick the cruise.

So many decisions to make and I want to make sure we make the right one for her.

If anybody else has anything to add, please keep the opinions coming.

Hey blueice - sorry to hijack the thread but in reading your reply I just realized you're a Newfoundlander. How do you guys feel about the results of our federal election last night? What an interesting time it's going to be in Canada in the coming months!

This is a great thread with great info from all...thank you!

Having a new baby, we definitely want to still be able to cruise when she gets older, and from the sounds of it, the Adventure Ocean program is fantastic.

A few questions:

How long has the Adventure Program on RCCL been running for? Is it on all ships or just Voyageur class?

And what is the youngest age that kids can join?

Thanks y'all! :)

We were on the Grandeur on the May 31 sailing out of Baltimore. Our two kids are 3 and 4 and absolutely loved the AO program. Both of them cried getting off the ship. Our son went more than our daughter because she still naps every afternoon, but they both loved it. The activities were fun, they had their faces painted almost every night, and ate dinner with the group twice. We felt very comfortable with the counselers and didn't hesitate leaving the kids with them.

On RCL, the kids need to be 3 and potty trained. They are very strict about the ages. They also don't tolerate misbehaving kids. There were two kids that started out in the program, but they were kicked out on the second day because they kept hitting the other kids. We ran into the parents later in the week and they were very frazzled. They were eating every meal in their room because their kids wouldn't sit still in the dining room or the Windjammer. I felt bad for the parents, but at the same time I was very glad they kicked the kids out of the program. We don't need our kids to see that kind of behavior, much less to be hit by another kid.

I understand Carnival's programs are also good and they accept two year olds, even if they're not potty trained.

My 9 year old really enjoyed our last cruise (just got back 3 weeks ago), this was his fourth cruise and first on RCCL. He thinks RCCL and Princess have the best programs. Since we have been home there have been multiple times that he asks me about specific staff from RCCL and tells me that he misses them....CUTE!

Archived