The best Beach, closest to Hamilton (Directions Please)

FredTracie

We will be in Hamilton (via NCL Crown) in July , and hoping for a recommendation for "The Best Beach" nearby? OR the Best Beach closest to The Dockyards? Looking to enjoy a few hours snorkelling or just walking and kicking the surf!!..........Thanks.

Cheers.....Fred&Tracie

We will be in Hamilton (via NCL Crown) in July , and hoping for a recommendation for "The Best Beach" nearby? OR the Best Beach closest to The Dockyards? Looking to enjoy a few hours snorkelling or just walking and kicking the surf!!..........Thanks.

Cheers.....Fred&Tracie

No beach at either is within walking distance. Take the bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach from either Hamilton or the Dockyards(walk down and jitney up for $1.00 per person). Best Beach with facilities. Just follow the crowd. Some of the less crowded beach is Church's bay(no facilities unless the rebuilt it over the winter) When your are the in Dockyards there is a snorkel park, but its not a beach. There is snorkling to the right at Horseshoe Bay and you can walk away from the concession and the farther you go the less crowded it will be.

• 2 weeks later...

It is quite a bus ride from the dockyards, but Horseshoe Bay is the greatest beach and it goes on and on. I was there last summer and never felt crowded

even with the cruise ships there. Nice little snack bar and bathrooms are good. There is an awesome hotel on the top of the hill. Took trolley up there and shopped in nice shops (reasonable for Bermuda)., Great Day! Tropical storm came the next day, woke up in the night and found someone standing at the end of my bed...yelled at him and he left with all my money, airline lost my luggage...looking to go back this summer on a cruise!!!! Beautiful, place! Hey, I love adventures! Peg

Archived