Boarding Time In Vancouver

Milford

I realize that this is most probably a redundant post.

I did try to search the old boards and was informed the search is turned off.

What is the earliest possible time to board the ship in Vancouver? We will be departing on a Wednesday on the Volendam.

Also for those of you that drive to Vancouver, what is the normal procedure for dropping off your bags and vehicles---are there shuttles?

Thanks

Dan

Sorry for the redundancy, but I don't know the answer and I couldn't find a similar thread.

Milford:

When I sailed the Volendam last month the tickets stated 2pm for embarkation. I was actually down at Canada Place very shortly after noon and was able to embark immediately.

The IMPORTANT thing to do is to have your immigration forms filled in beforehand on the computer and have a copy in your hands when you arrive. This will get you past all the lineups and to the front for priority check-in.

I had a most fantastic cruise on the Volendam last month. If interested you can read my review here on the Cruise Critics boards at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=4829

Dave

I did read your cruise review and it was very informative, thanks for posting it.

I did also read that you got there about noon.

What I was wondering was when they began the process.

We have cruised Celebrity and RCCL and they also begin at 2 PM, but offer early boarding beginning usually by 11:00 AM.

Thanks again for your reply.

Dan

Thank you for the info on the immigration and customs form as well. We knew that, but all should be aware of it. It is a lot less tedious process when you can complete them at home and be relaxed.

Dan

The taxi brought us directly to the Volendam baggage crew in Canada Place at 11:30 AM, June 2nd. By 12:15 PM ( 45 minutes ) we were enjoying the bountiful offerings of the buffet selections in the Lido. This was our 3rd Alaska cruise and we were impressed with the efficiency of the staff, the attention to maintaining a clean ship, and the eventual ease with which the disembarkation process took place June 9th.

Archived