SY on Westerdam

MeOhMy

We had an SY (6111) on the W'dam in January. We had booked a standard verandah room, but HAL offered us an upgrade for an attractive price, so we took it. Aside from the larger cabin with an additional chair and counter, and the larger verandah with a dining table and two easy chairs, there were no other perks. Eg. there was no access to the Neptune Lounge, which wasn't a big deal for us anyway.

The bathroom had a tub and a shower stall, however the stall was so small I used the tub to shower anyway, so it is a bit of a waste of space.

We were happy with the SY simply because of the extra room, especially on the verandah, where we often had breakfast. The regular verandahs are too small to have a meal.

Hope that helps.

WE have this cabin booked for Alaska cruise next Sunday. Do I understand that the tub has a shower in it as well as a seperate shower stall? Just checking as my hubby and I are tall/large type and we were told by HAL the shower stall was 48" wide which seemed fine by us-now not so sure.Thanks for any info on this.

WE have this cabin booked for Alaska cruise next Sunday. Do I understand that the tub has a shower in it as well as a seperate shower stall? Just checking as my hubby and I are tall/large type and we were told by HAL the shower stall was 48" wide which seemed fine by us-now not so sure.Thanks for any info on this.

We had SY 6060 on Westerdam Dec 2005. Tub has shower in it plus adjacent enclosed shower stall that was more than adequate for our use. Not sure about the 48" dimension - sounds a bit high. Great room. Liked it so much we booked it on the Noordam.

Have a great time.

Thank you. We will be in 6066, so it should be close. And I love the bigger balcony idea because I do not get around well and I love to watch the ocean, the scenery or the people go by.

Breakfast is a great idea.

Archived