Paradise-oh, did we have FUN! Part 4

itzkaren

Things I'm really glad that I brought:

1) Power strip...you really need that for phone chargers, hair dryer, curling iron and night light

2) Night light....we brough the Glade "plug-in" night light with room freshener......it worked great (I left that for our room steward)

3) Extra hangers...I actually packed clothes on the hangers....there's only about 10 hangers.....plenty of drawer and shelf space....just not many hangers.

4) Small purse for walking around ship.....you really only need your S&S card, and whatever necessities (lip gloss, sunscreen) that you can't live without.

5) Post-it notes - nice for leaving a note for spouse about where you are! Cell phones work sporatically........never out at sea or in Mexico for us.

6) Hair dryer....there aren't any in the room (but we did have the basket of amenities..and they're phasing out the liquid soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower....I had to ask for bar soap, I brought shampoo)

7) I packed an empty duffle bag....and it came back full!

8) Lighted small travel clock

9) A fun, "I'm on vacation and everything will be ok" attitude!:)

What I didn't need:

1) So many clothes.....I know....you all told me! But, the weather was cooler that expected....so I didn't wear any of the sleeveless things......but I probably wore about half of what I brought. Just figure one outfit for the daytime.....and one outfit for the night time.....2 pairs of undies for each day.....etc.

2) Smuggled liquor......after all the discussion about ths.......I brought a small bottle of Crown Royal wrapped in bubble wrap and packed in my checked luggage....and I never opened it! Our room steward, Arleigh, said he didn't drink....but had friends on the ship that did......so I happily left it for him.....I didn't want to bring it home.

3) I never used the duct tape.......guess that's a good sign.....but would still probably bring it....because it could come in handy

4) Shoes.....I wore fancy flip flops, Tevas, and dress slides......that's it....I brought several pairs of sandals I never wore.

Other things:

1) The bedding is GREAT! The down comforters are very comfortable....and we kept our room quite cool (67*)

2) Carnival Capers are good to read each day.....seems like so much info....it takes a few cruises before you can figure out what you want to do

3) When you're nice to people....they're nice to you back. We had wonderful service from all of the Carnival people...and they work such long, hard hours.......I always took a minute to ask how they were doing....and "which month are you on in your contract?" They are on either 6 or 8 month contracts.....so imagine after month 5...or so......

4) Comment cards....very important to fill out. I know that room stewards are "awarded" an extra day off or other incentives if they receive 3 or more positive comment cards. Make that a priority of yours to take a few minutes to complete them......and drop themoff on the ship before you leave (they even have a drawing for a free cruise!)....if you take it home to do it.....chances are you'll forget to send it in.

5) Enjoy those "fun" drinks! We did...we also enjoyed many areas of the ship......shows, comedy clubs, disco, bingo, shopping....we just had a great time.....and we never felt rushed or pressured to do anything.

6) Food - As I said, we had room service for breakfast each day (DH did go for the "hearty" breakfast in the Lido buffet a time or two), we had lunch at the Lido buffet and/or grill twice, and dinner in the dining room each night. We were pleased with it all.....desserts were good.......we had Grand Marnier souffle, tiramisu, baked Alaska, chocolate cake or just good old plain ice cream. And.....I had cappucino after dinner each night (free in the dining room) The grill is great for lunch.....hamburgers, grilled chicken breast and very good, crispy french fries (like McDonalds!)

Ok....I know this might be "information overload"...but if you're still reading this.....you must want to know about the Paradise! Not sure what I've forgotten....but I can say that we had a vacation that we'll always remember that will always bring a smile to our faces......what a great way to celebrate many years of marriage! We've already been talking about another cruise.....you just can't beat this type of entertainment and accomodations and food choices for the prices available.

HAPPY CRUISING......and email me if you have any specific questions! Thanks to all of you for your helpful advice over the last couple of months.....you've been great!

Till next time..........

thanks for your review. It bought a smile to my face. I will probably never cruise on the Paradise since I am an east coaster but I sure enjoyed reading about your time.

Have you started planning another cruise?

The best part of your review is that I could imagine how you were smiling as you wrote this, thinking about all the fun you had. It was in a great reading form and offered great suggestions useful on other cruises. Thank you so much.

Bonnie

The best part of your review is that I could imagine how you were smiling as you wrote this, thinking about all the fun you had. It was in a great reading form and offered great suggestions useful on other cruises. Thank you so much.

Bonnie

Glad you enjoyed the review, Bonnie........and you have a wonderful time on the Inspiration..........you should just about be on your way!!! Enjoy....and don't forget to save your umbrellas;)

Archived