Captain Marvin's has changed

colkev

We were on the Miracle 4/23 and had booked ahead with Capt. Marvin's for a 3 stop snorkle trip. We had been on a CM trip back in 2003 and it was fabulous- 9 people on a boat and very attentive staff that made the trip great. We were disappointed to see the changes in CM. There were over 30 people on the boat, the staff made no attempt to talk to you until lining you up for photos by the videographer wanting to sell you a DVD for $65. He was barking orders "next" to get you to cooperate. There was very little squid to feed the rays with and it just wasn't the same. Inevitable changes as companies grow, I suppose, but we won't use CM again. Any suggestions for smaller boats and interactive staff??? CM was pretty much like a ship excursion which is exactly what we try to avoid.

I guess it just depends on the day! We were just out with them the other day and had a wonderful time! Plenty of interaction with the rays, and got to get up close to a couple of eels! The coral gardens were beautiful! Had a great time! Our video guy, Ziggy was great! Not pushy at all and produced a fabulous video!

That's too bad. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I know the time spent on the island is short...especially if you are on a cruise. :(

We used CM's again this past January when we were in GC, and had a ball. We had as much fun as we did the time before. There were maybe 15-20 on our tour, and the guides were great. We were so glad the videographer was onboard this time (they weren't the last time). In fact, I contacted them directly to make sure they would be on our tour. The DVD is awesome and they hand-delivered it to us at our condo. We were there with our three kids, and the crew was so patient with us. We wanted to get several pictures with all of us together with a stingray, and one of the crew helped us do that.

I contacted CM's for help in finding a condo for the week. They even helped us with that.

I'm sorry to hear that your experience wasn't very good. We took the Stingray City/Reef Snorkel trip and had a wonderful time. The guides were friendly and the videographer shot great footage (upon seeing it we had to get the DVD - what a cool souvenir; photos are great but nothing compares to seeing the reef life and stingrays moving around and interacting with people. It wasn't too crowded, and we'd recommend them to someone looking for a private Stingray excursion.

Archived