Balcony partitions/doors can NOT be opened..per RCCL

I was under the understanding that the partitions between balconies on FOS could be opened. I plan to have a get together in the two owner suites I have and contacted RCCL directly to inquire about opening them. Here is their response:

"Furthermore, we must respectfully decline your request to open balcony partitions between your suites for safety and security reasons."

:(

Just a heads up for those of you considering that during your cruise.

I was under the understanding that the partitions between balconies on FOS could be opened. I plan to have a get together in the two owner suites I have and contacted RCCL directly to inquire about opening them. Here is their response:

"Furthermore, we must respectfully decline your request to open balcony partitions between your suites for safety and security reasons."

:(

Just a heads up for those of you considering that during your cruise.

This is the policy on all their ships. They never open the doors. Only on debarkation day so that the balconies can all be cleaned in one big swoop. Sorry!

This is the policy on all their ships. They never open the doors. Only on debarkation day so that the balconies can all be cleaned in one big swoop. Sorry!

I was afraid of that. But having read numerous comments on the boards here about others planning on opening them, I figured a heads up might keep them from being disappointed later. I even read one thread where someone booked two rooms side by side instead of connecting rooms and had plans to use the connecting balcony (or so they thought ;) )

Thank you for that, I thought you could open the balcony door. It actually looks like it slides open. Do you think if you ask your stewart to unlock it they will? Or is that the biggest faux par you could make.

Thank you for that, I thought you could open the balcony door. It actually looks like it slides open. Do you think if you ask your stewart to unlock it they will? Or is that the biggest faux par you could make.

The glass doors to the balcony do slide open. I am talking about the fiberglass balcony partitions. Unless you have someone you know next door that won't make a difference anyway.

No, your Steward (unless you know his name is Stewart) will not open the partition for you. They are locked into place, and as someone else stated alread, they can not be opened.

You can request to have security open them, however not all ships will allow this.. you stand a 50/50 chance.

I agree with this. Anytime you email RCI for a policy question, they are 99% of the time going to give you the letter of the law answer. Once you get on board, ask.

I will ask and see if they will open them when I cruise next month and let you all know how it went.

I didn't really write RCCL for a policy clarification.

I am planning a Bon Voyage party for those on our roll call in both of my owner suites. During the course of ordering champagne etc. I received this email. I was concerned that if there were a large turnout they may not fit in one owner suite, thus the request to open the partition; enabling us better traffic control from one OS to the other.

Here is the email:

Dear Ms. Vatz,

Our Gift's and Gear Department will be able to assist you with your request. A representative may be contacted at 1(800)722-5443 or (305)539-6305 between the hours of 8:30 am to 7:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Furthermore, we must respectfully decline your request to open balcony partitions between your suites for safety and security reasons.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Pedro Curbelo

Customer Service Representative

Archived