A different type of "dress code" question

pampaul

Since I've never been on a cruise before, maybe someone can help me out on this one. We leave on August 19 and will be going to Bermuda, the Bahamas and GSC.

Since GSC is a beach (from what I read) I'm wondering how people are dressed when they are LEAVING the ship? Are they already dressed in their bathing suits and ready to jump in feet first? Or do most people dress once there? If we dress before we leave the ship, do my boys need to wear a shirt while on the boat and then take it off once at the beach?

I don't want to sound stupid, just don't want to LOOK stupid for not doing something the wrong way.

Thanks

Hi -- to answer your question, you will be tendered over to GSC...most people wore their bathing suits with a coverup or shorts and a tee over it. The sun is strong, so tees for the boys might be a good idea. Basically, you can wear whatever you like...of course there are rest rooms where, if you prefer, you can change when you get there or before you return to the ship. Relax, enjoy, and have fun!!

TracyE

Yes, packing bathing suits is first on my list. Actually I take at least 3 and easiest just to put one on each morning and I have a variety of cover-ups which I wear to breakfast then off the ship.

Pack the same amount for my husband with many t shirts and a type shirts and he wears them daily as well.

You need at least two (as they take a while to dry in the shower or over a chair) and three pp would be best.

I learned after my first cruise that I packed way too many shorts and casual sets and only need bathing suits and clothes for dinner.

Have fun!!!!

DH and DS (10) wears swim shorts so they look as though they're wearing shorts but can head straight into the water without changing. We've also found that these dry very quickly.

Archived