Mayan Ruins

Twistergirrl

Hi, I am a complete archeology geek and the Tulum Mayan ruins is looks interesting. Is there a private tour guide out there (on a tight budget) or do I make my credit card cry some more, by booking through the cruise line? Or are there other sites that are a must see?

Thanks

You may want to try contacting Ed and his wife Bonnie at www.edventuretours.com.mx ....They are often mentioned on these boards...in fact we were going to use them last February but had to cancel our cruise...Not sure what the costs are but it never hurts to ask...They seem to customize many of their tours.

We are also fans of Mayan history and would also suggest Coba ( can be paired with Tulum), Chichenitza as well as the many smaller, less well known ruins that extend down the Yucatan into Belize...Coba is absolutley awesome!...deep in the rainforest...there are some other tours out there http://www.cozumelinsider.com/MainlandRuins

Have fun!

DH & I went to Chichen Itza - totally fascinating. If you love archeaology, this is the one. It IS a rather long drive and was incredibly hot (late May) but we thought it well worth it. And that was including the fact that the bus we rode on had major problems. Definitely book through the cruise line - they waited the ship 2 hours for us.

Archived