Sent email w/compliments to Carnival - Received letter of apology back

I received great service while I was on the Glory the first week in April. There were a several crew members I came in contact with that really stood out so I emailed Carnival letting them know how pleased I was with my vacation experience with added emphasis on the people who really stood out. I just received a letter from Carnival (that I was not expecting) and there was an apology at the end of the letter.

Here is the some of what's in the letter:

This sounds like the beginning of a response to a complaint to me...there were no complaints at all in my email to Carnival:

When any guest of ours takes the time to share their cruise experiences they obviously care enough to bring these matters to our attention. Our sincere thanks to you for providing us with your comments and observations. Be assured that those in a position to effect change will be notified and work toward enhancing our product.

This part of the letter fits what was in my email:

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your cruise vacation. I was especially happy to hear that superior services was evident throughout your stay on board. We will see to it that the staff members on board the Carnival Glory are commended on your behalf for a job well done.

Now the apology (for what I don't know):confused: :

Since your patronage is important to us, we will do everything in our power to ensure that future cruise experiences are what you expect and more. Along with our apologies, we would like to extend to you a special Bon Voyage gift on you next cruise with us. (Here is where they provided contact information for me to arrange for my special gift:) ). We hope to regain your confidence in us so that we may have the opportunity to welcome you aboard again soon.

Has anyone ever received a letter of apology from Carnival for complimenting the staff? I'm assuming it may be a standard letter they add info to and the person who signed my letter didn't remove the apology part.

Just felt like sharing;) . Happy cruisin'

Sounds like a form letter to me. I give you five to one odds that a human never even read your letter, they just scanned it into a computer. Certain words or phrases you used generated the reply.

Sounds like a form letter to me. I give you five to one odds that a human never even read your letter, they just scanned it into a computer. Certain words or phrases you used generated the reply.

I didn't send a letter, I sent an email. Also, I was addressed by name several times within the letter I received and the letter appears to have an original signature on it as well (blue ink). In addition to that, I was given the contact information to one of the deparments I specifically complimented. Because of this, I believe my email was actually touched by someone and that person didn't modify the 'computer generated' standard/form letter to remove the apology. I could be wrong but like I stated in the first post, I just felt like sharing;).

That's why I didn't give you 1,000,000:1 odds. :D Definately possible whoever read it didn't modify the form letter. Pretty funny, apologizing because you had a good cruise. Go for the Bon Voyage gift anyway, they tend to give out the chocolate-covered strawberries.

I complimented the Carnival ship and staff and here is the letter I received...

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your recent cruise vacation. Knowing our success depends on customer satisfaction, we appreciate the opportunity to respond to your kind words.

At Carnival we strive to provide our guests with an excellent product and superior service, combined with unmatchable shipboard style, it is always a pleasure when our guests let us know we have accomplished our goal. We truly appreciate your comments and have taken the liberty of noting and forwarding them to the respective department heads for their review.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us, we look forward to welcoming you back aboard soon

Yes, I have gotton the same letter after I email them about how much I appreciated the staff on my cruise. I did call the number and on my next cruise (I got to pick what I wanted) the 1st night in the dinning room, a girl came by my table and handed me the coupon for 4 drinks. I used it onboard for a bucket of beer, I really enjoyed that. Made me want to send them another email after I got back, but I didn't want to appear greedy.

My sister also got one of these letters after emailing both good and not so good things about her last cruise on the Glory. Not only is she getting a Bon Voyage gift, they are also giving her $25 OBC. I was the one who told her to email Carnival. I have always received a response and the gift for the next cruise, but never OBC. Then again, my sister has always been the lucky one in the family.

Leaving for Miami in 6 days! Woo hoo.

Joanne :D

Archived