pacific princess any info

jackieN

we are going on aug 1st sailing from beijing, is there anybody who has been on pacific princess who can give me any info on the ship, where you check in, is it at the pier or the hotel, we have never been on a small ship before what are the pros and cons and has anybody ever been on this ship with kids, many thanks

Trying yet again.

We were on Pacific Princess (new), 11-03, Papeete to Sydney, and enjoyed the small ship experience very much. We also sailed one of her former sisters, Oceania's Regatta, into the Baltic 8-05, and are booked on yet another former sister, Oceania's Nautica, Istanbul to Singapore, via the Suez, 11-06.

Being smaller, they are much more intimate, and easy to get around. I don't think suitable for children - no dedicated children's area, and no space to "carve out" a kiddy lounge.

With kids, I would prefer to be on a larger ship, perhaps of the Sun class.

I'm sure others can answer your other questions.

Curious - what part of England? My dad was born in Siddcup, Kent; and #2 daughter and family very recently relocated to Woking, Surrey.

Archived