Dinning Room tipping???

KOS

I'm semi new to this so please forgive-If the bufett and dinning room are part of the over all cost of the cruise, how do you know how much to tip, ie 15-20% of what?:rolleyes:

Thanks

KOS

Your "tip" is the first charge taken out of your S&S. For each guest, a total of $10/day for your Dining Staff [including buffet]/Cabin Steward. You can go to the Purser to adjust that. Me...I leave it as it is. If anybody does an outstanding job, I hand them money [in an envelope] the last night of the cruise

Carnival will add $10 per person per day to your sail and sign account. This covers the dining staff and your room steward. You can tip more if you feel the service deserves it. You can also have the amount removed from your card, but I could never understand why someone would do this.

You can tip extra if you want, but it is not based on the bill you receive (mainly because you don't receive a bill). The $30 extra for eating at the supper club (optional) includes the tip. However, you can add more if you want. The drink bill include a 15% tip. Again, you can increase it if you want.

Thanks all-like I said a newbie question, but I didn't quite get the tipping thing-$10 a day seems like a bargin to me.

Thanks-

KOS

It is a bargain! Even for just basic service. When you think about how that $10/day is split up it is such a small amount.

We aren't too picky. As long as the cabin is cleaned and everything we need is available, our steward has done his/her job for us. We are especially appreciative if our steward is available when needed and unobtrusive the rest of the time. In the dining room, we don't need overly attentive waitstaff, but if they are and seem to be enjoying their job as well as the guests, then that's a bonus. It is rare that we leave the ship without tipping extra to these crewmembers on the last night.

KOS - The first item on your Sail & Sign account for each passenger will be the total amount of your tips. The breakdown is:

$5.50 per day for dining room waiter/assistant

$3.50 per day for cabin steward

$1.00 per day for Lido buffet personnel

If you order from room service, although the food is included in the cost of your cruise, it's customary to tip the delivery person $1-2 each time he brings an order.

You're right - it IS a very fair amount....much less than you would tip at a land-based restaurant.:)

Archived