Will you shop for Black Pearls in Tahiti-FP-Cook Islands?

Princess Di

Ia ora ana, :cool:

I just posted this on Our Roll Call for Tahitian Princess sailing 4 September, as well as on the Cruise Fashions Thread:

Everyone seemed to enjoy my Black Pearls Instructional website information, so I proceeded to get serious so that I can do some intelligent shopping in FP. I have read some Posts where pax paid more in Tahiti than they could have bought in the U.S. :mad:

Here is the Link for the B.P. Lesson:

http://www.pearlsonly.net/index.asp...tion=Custom&ID=

Don't you just Love the Internet? At midnight, I went Pearl Shopping. :D

I did it. I just went ahead and ordered 2 sets:

1. The clearance set for $66 for the 23-inch Matinee (7 to 8mm)length necklace with earrings and bracelet (mis-matched pearls).

2. The same set, but more perfect pearls: "Affordably luxurious black A quality 6 to 7mm necklace set includes bracelet and matching earrings, 16 inch - Choker" $89.00

3. They also threw in Free Shipping and another free necklace:

"This French inspired necklace is yours FREE with any purchase over $75. The 17 inch Sophia necklace features 7 to 8mm pink freshwater pearls offset by 4mm white pearls on a silver colored beads. This necklace is fun and versatile. It can be worn with casual wear, business suite or an evening out."

This seems like a fast, simple way of shopping. Did you read the 100% Refund Guarantee? What is there to lose? I can always send it back. There are less expensive items, as low as $8; however, to save the shipping and get the extra gift, I figured I would at least buy >$75 worth. You can always re-gift these.

I wonder where this place is located. Somewhere in the U.S? I am supposed to receive them in 3 to 4 days so I'll let you know what they look like.

O.K., here is Your challenge. Go shopping on this website. I looked at ALL of the categories. They also have white and other colour pearls. Does anyone else have the nerve to order? You can see, I am a Serious Shopper. :rolleyes:

I will be one shopping for a special pearl necklace while I am there. I was presented with a set of black pearl earrings from the chief of Samoa while visiting there last year. They were designed just for her and they are very unusual. Only problem I have is that they are not the perfectly round pearls and I am having a hard time finding a necklace to match them.

Hopefully there will be something that comes close. I have looked all over the internet and just can't find any with the shape and color that these have.

Wish me luck!

Hi, Toto,

I still owe you a reply from the Old Thread. Yes, I would very much like to meet up with you there. Since we are doing a pre-and post-cruise stay, and you are doing a pre-cruise, we should arrange to meet Somewhere. I am still waiting to hear from Florida, my New Best Friend in Tahiti. She has No computer so we are conversing through Air Snail Mail. We (Annmarie, my Daughter, and I) are supposed to be invited to stay with her pre-cruise and perhaps post-cruise, as well. She lives South of Faa'a. ;)

Did you look at the website I gave the link for?

I think you have to go looking in your Neighborhood Jewelery stores. Have you done this?

I know there are many colours, shapes, and sizes. Good Luck in your shopping. I hope you can find a match. I know you will be carrying those earrings around in your purse for a few weeks. :eek:

Princess Di - Clearance set on Web site says: 7 to 8mm freshwater pearls - Are these the same as Tahitian Pearls?? :confused: confusing ---Cultured, Tahitian, Freshwater ???? Price seems very reasonable for Tahitian...let us know when you get them...Good luck! Renee

PS - Sounds like AnneMarie will be cruising with you in Tahiti?? - Please give her our regards (Lyman & Renee from Regal Princess - 30 Day to Nowhere Cruise)

Thanks for your input. I did e-mail the website and here is a conversation on another Thread to let you know were I am:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=46086

I will let you know what they look like when they arrive. I am very excited. ;)

Yes, Annmarie also has such fond memories of the Cruise to Nowhere - what a Great Group you all had. I think she will really enjoy painting FP. I will say Hi for you. (I'm trying to teach her Ia ora na - LoL). :cool:

I bought a black pearl necklace in Fiji (Suva) several years ago. I think I paid about $100 FJD for them ($50.00 US), and have no idea what they're worth. They are all odd-shaped, rather than perfectly round, and there are 36 of them. I just like to wear the necklace, and have never bothered to have it appraised. I really don't know very much about black pearls, so your links have been very informative!

Toto2Kansas - would you please share your story about receiving black pearl earrings from the chief of Samoa? Sounds fascinating...how did you come about that? Thanks!

Bula! (Since I don't know Samoan)

That sounds like a very good value for your 36-pearl necklace. I do not know if they are better priced in Samoan Islands or FP.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading on the Links. I am very Excited about shopping in FP, in September, for My Black Pearl that Winks at me (as Jan Prince says).

Are you looking for Earrings to match? :D

• 4 weeks later...

Bula, Imsulin,

I thought you were a man, I guess from your answers on the thread about X-boxes vs. PD or whatever you call it. ;)

TOTO, IN KANSAS NOW? Where is your story about the B.P. gift from the Chief? :confused:

Archived