Nice reasonable Hotel near Port in Charleston, SC

OhioGirl

I'm one of 20 people traveling from Charlotte, NC to Charleston, SC in November for a cruise on the Majesty.

We are looking at to rent up to 10 rooms at a near by hotel that has free parking and shuttle service to the Port.

Can anyone give me some ideas of a nice place to stay?

Thanks in advance for your help!

None of the hotels downtown are going to have free cruise parking because they have to use municiple lots.

The best bargain for the money however is the Andrew Pinckney Inn. Fantastic location. http://www.andrewpinckneyinn.com/

My second choice is the Indigo Inn. www.IndigoInn.com and I think they have free parking while you are a guest there but it never hurts to call and ask.

The Best Western King Charles Inn is very nice and has free parking during your stay. www.KingCharlesInn.com

The Days Inn Historic District also has free parking but again, probably only while you are a guest there.

Since you need 10 rooms, you may be able to use that as a bargaining chip. It never hurts to call and ask.

Worst case scenario, you pay to park in a safe garage that is very close to the port.

I would not stay outside of Charleston Proper just to avoid parking costs. Charleston is such a charming beautiful city that staying downtown is a treat in itself.

I have stayed in all of the above hotels and in many more in Charleston so if you find something interesting, let me know and I'll tell you what I know about the hotel.

Really high end ($300+);

Planters Inn

Charleston Place

Market Pavillion

Wentworth Mansion

French Quarter Inn

Church Street Inn

Moderate ($200 ish):

Doubletree

Renaissance

Holiday Inn

Mills House