Chankanaab or Xcaret?

kala4

We are taking our four children on their first cruise. They are 14, 12, 10, and 8. Would you recommend Chankanaab Park or Xcaret Eco-Archaeological Park for the day? Thanks.

Depends on when you are going for Chankanaab as they wont open until June and some attractions open later.IMO... Xcaret is definitly a first choice for kids but you have more travel time and cost. Chankanaab has added new features ,but less than Excaret,and is also a great place that the kids will enjoy if you don't want to travel much.

here the websites for each so you can compare what each offers.

http://www.cozumelparks.com.mx/eng/default.asp

http://www.xcaret.com/

Us big kids enjoyed Xcaret and would guess the little ones would as well. About 1-2 hours "museum/zoo" like and the rest at the beach. We had some adult drinks and had a great lunch. We also learned quite a bit about the mayan culture.

The travel is about 45 minutes each way on a ferry and can be bumpy. The cost and the travel were the only drawbacks of the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

My kids would probably love this. Is this something one can reasonably do on their own, or do you need to book the tour through the cruise ship? What transportation is available between the ferry in PDC and Xcaret? I kind of like having the ability to leave when I choose, rather than be tied to the cruiseline's tour schedule.

My kids would probably love this. Is this something one can reasonably do on their own, or do you need to book the tour through the cruise ship? What transportation is available between the ferry in PDC and Xcaret? I kind of like having the ability to leave when I choose, rather than be tied to the cruiseline's tour schedule.

Here is a copy of a post I made awhile back...

>I would not suggest it for several reasons...

cost and worry

You don´t mention which ship you are coming on so I can´t tell you timings that might work. Here is a breakdown of costs and ferry times. Might help.

Taxi from TMM to fiscal pier - $6 one way (15-30 minutes, plus 10 minutes to catch taxi at pier)

Ferry ticket to Playa - $11 one way (ferry times below)

ride over is approx. 40 minutes

Taxi to Xcaret - $9 one way (30 minutes, plus allow about 20 minutes to get to taxi in Playa)

Entrance to park - $59 per person

Total cost on own - $111.00 approx.

Ferry schedule from Cozumel to PDC 5,7,8,9,10,12,2,4,5,6,8,10

PDC to Cozumel 6,8,9,10,11,1,3,5,6,7,9,11<

For the added cost and the worry it isn´t worth it in my opinion. Save your sanity and book through the ship.

Archived