Princess travelers, help..transferring to Hospitality Center, arrival at ship

skarletohara

Hi. We are on the 6/24 Sapphire out of Whittier/Anc I know that the Hospitality Center is where we are supposed to check in per our documents.

We bought our transfers through Princess, but we bought our hotel on

our own. We are staying at the Captain Cook Hotel which is the same

hotel that Princess utilizes for its cruise passengers as well.

Can we just get aboard the bus at Captain Cook with all the other Princess

Passengers OR must we take a taxi over to Egan Convention Center and

check in at that hospitality center and take the bus from there?

I have a good friend who did this cruise last year and they paid for the Captain Cook hotel through Princess, so they got to board the actual bus

that took them to the ship right there at the hotel.

Also, it says boarding busses at the Egan Center starts at 1:00 p.m.

If we must board there, what time does the last bus to the ship leave?

Also, we are Platinum. Would we be able to board busses more quickly

because of Platinum status or is it first come first serve?

I'd really appreciate any replies from those of you that have been on Princess.

Thank you very much.

Princess knows how many cruise tour guests are at the hotels and plans bus space on that number. They never know the independent numbers and just pick them up at the Hospitality Center after they check in there. You'll have to check with the Princess Desk at the hotel and see if space is available for you from the hotel.

Princess knows how many cruise tour guests are at the hotels and plans bus space on that number. They never know the independent numbers and just pick them up at the Hospitality Center after they check in there. You'll have to check with the Princess Desk at the hotel and see if space is available for you from the hotel.

We are independant travelers sailing on the diamond princess, where do we go once we get into Whittier? We would like to drop off luggage and then drop off the car

Thanks

The buses at Egan load from a list- first come first serve. They leave all day long it seems. :)

As for the Whittier Question??? Don't know what you are asking??? You will go and drop your bags off at the ship and turn in your car, if Avis at the Harbor Store. If Harleys- their drop off location.

As soon as you come out of the tunnel, your are in Whittier. You will see the ship as soon as you come out of the tunnel. Just pull into the parking lot and drop your luggage with the luggage guys at the big white containers in the middle of the parking lot. Whittier is very small you will see the whole town from the cruise terminal parking lot.

What? What? What? We may need some help! Do independent Princess passengers have to check in at the Egan Center? We were planning on returning from Denali on a bus, picking up our extra luggage from our Anchorage hotel and taking a shuttle bus to Whittier. Would it be better to arrive in Anchorage on the bus, pick up our luggage and go straight to the Egan Center and use Princess transportation? Or can independent travelers check in when they arrive in Whittier. Our cruise is in August; however, we want all our ducks in a row now!

Independent cruisers can go to the Egan Center. You can drop your luggage there, and get a Princess transfer to Whittier. When you check in there, your aren't doing your ship check in, you are just checking in to get a number to get on a bus to Whittier. First come, first bus to Whittier. I think the busses hold from 45-55 people. Busses leave every 15 or 30 minutes. You still have to do Ship Check-In in Whittier.

You can also go to Whittier with your own transportation and check- in, in Whittier.

O.K...still confused:confused: ! ARRTrain...my TA said that since we were returning our car to the airport the morning that we are to go to Whittier, (June 17)we can pick up the Princess transfer at the airport. We intend to bring the car back at around 10:30a.m. and she said that we can pick up the Princess bus at 11:00a.m. She said we were to go to the baggage claim area where a Princess rep. will be. What do you think or know? My confusion is growing over this. Thanks for your help. Nancy:confused: :confused: :confused:

Princess also has a place at the airport, where you can drop off your luggage and catch a bus. I think it is downstairs by the baggage claim area.

I think the last bus leaves the Egan Center around 3pm. The last bus leaves the airport after all the flights are in and everyone has claimed their bags. Probably around 6pm.

O.K...still confused:confused: ! ARRTrain...my TA said that since we were returning our car to the airport the morning that we are to go to Whittier, (June 17)we can pick up the Princess transfer at the airport. We intend to bring the car back at around 10:30a.m. and she said that we can pick up the Princess bus at 11:00a.m. She said we were to go to the baggage claim area where a Princess rep. will be. What do you think or know? My confusion is growing over this. Thanks for your help. Nancy:confused: :confused: :confused:

Princess reps are clearly "marked" and are found near baggage claim. They will be around the area holdling clipboards. :) These buses leave as they load.

Archived