Live fm Mercury 5/19/06

SNOWEY

Glorious weather.

Great Service.

No one sick.

Ship looks fine.

No rain except on sea day for a slight time.

Hope the next ones out are as fortunate.

Claudia

Short and sweet review. So glad to hear the weather is great, I've been watching the ten day forcast for the past two months and all it shows is rain. I see by the port cam that there is sun. We leave Sunday keep that good weather going for us. Your pictures from 2004 are breath takingly beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to inform. Have a safe return.

Gramsk: Thanks! Sure hope you were as fortuntuate as us.

When we got to Hubbard Glacier, it was iced in so we could not get too close. It was so warm we had to take our jackets off!

If weather does get misty, rainy, etc. the navigator is a great place to have a drink and watch the scenery go by.

BTW, we did the kayaking (1st time for us) in Ketchican, and we saw a whale breaching while we were kayaking! Awesome! It was so nice out that we did not need a jacket. You have to put on a life vest and then that bib that seals you into the kayak. This was the 2 1/2 hour trip.

Thanks for the compliment on the pics. I don't think you can take a bad pic in Alaska. I can't wait to see the ones I took this time.

Claudia

What was the name of the kayaking tour you took? Was the scenery snow-capped mountains and wilderness or was it more greenery? I did a kayak tour in 97 and it seemed like the middle of nowhere, no greenery. I'm going again this summer and trying to find the same type tour that looks like Alaska and not summer, lake-type scenery. Thanks.

It was Tatoosh Islands Sea Kayaking. We saw the snow capped mts in the distance, however, it was mostly a greenery tour. It is only offered on the ship through SE Kayaking. At least it was only offered on Mercury that way. Totally worth the money. Since we went in May, you may not see any snow. There was tons of snow at the top of the White Pass RR train trip.

Claudia

Archived