Cruise question, need help!! Norwegian Majesty.

smooth343

First time cruise goers here this june 25th from boston to bermuda. We have 25 people but have a problem with one. Due to a government job he has commitments that cannot be broken the day after sailing. Has anyone ever heard of someone being able to join the cruise half way through, i.e. meet the cruise in bermuda and board there? There is no way he can break his work commitment but his job is comparable to the FBI so if its usually not allowed you think if we called NCL they may be able to work something out? We havent called yet cause we are still coming up with a plan. All help greatly appreciated.

First time cruise goers here this june 25th from boston to bermuda. We have 25 people but have a problem with one. Due to a government job he has commitments that cannot be broken the day after sailing. Has anyone ever heard of someone being able to join the cruise half way through, i.e. meet the cruise in bermuda and board there? There is no way he can break his work commitment but his job is comparable to the FBI so if its usually not allowed you think if we called NCL they may be able to work something out? We havent called yet cause we are still coming up with a plan. All help greatly appreciated.

He?she should be able to join the ship in Bermuda with no problem. There is no Jones act problem. Don't you have a TA? they should be able to do this. The airfare to Bermuda fron NY/Boston is sometimes very cheap and sometimes very expensive.

All we have done so far is call NCL to ask if people do this, meet up with it in bermuda. The lady who answered the general reservations phone said absolutley not. We are just going to call the lady in charge of the ship next week. And try to explain the situation. I was just wondering if its really even possible.

All we have done so far is call NCL to ask if people do this, meet up with it in bermuda. The lady who answered the general reservations phone said absolutley not. We are just going to call the lady in charge of the ship next week. And try to explain the situation. I was just wondering if its really even possible.

What would happen if he/she just missed the ship. Most CSR have no clue about the rules.

Before 9-11 I used to cruise down and my husband would join me in Bermuda after racing there on a sailboat from Newport. None of the cruise lines allow this now, much to our sadness.

Yes, he can board in Bermuda.

It does not violate the Passenger Services Act.

However, you need to get through to the right individual(s) who can make it happen.

I suppose since you are calling NCL directly, you didn't use an agent??

One of my clients could not board with his wedding group in Boston. It took me about a week of working the powers that be at NCL, but he was ultimately given clearance to board in St George's.

Good luck

Archived