Need advice please about NewYear's cruise

Hi ,

I am a 40 year old divorced male going solo/ single on the New Year's Eve cruise on HAL to the Mexican Riveria. I have never cruised solo before and some friends are telling me New Year's Cruise are totally filled with couples and I will not have a good time. Is this true? Should I cancel and pick another time of year? I am not necessarily looking for love but it would be nice to have a single woman to dance with on New Years. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

There is a lady named Cheryl that did a HAL New Years cruise to the Mexican Riveria this past year. Perhaps she could shed some light on your questions. Her post name is desertdiva.

If you go to the Singles part of this board and do a search for HAL +New Years you should be able to find her posts.

Happy Cruising!

Good for you for taking the cruise! There is rarely a ship that is 'all couples'. A lot of families cruise that time of year. Family does not always mean a mom and a dad and kids. Lots of single parents travelling then;) . I have a feeling you will find someone to dance with. Enjoy your trip.

Missyal

P.S. Double check the roll call boards for your sailing. Looks like you may have posted on the 12/2005 roll call not the 2006. I am not savvy enough to know how to link you t it, sorry.

Archived