Back-to-Back info ? Caribbean Princess

JackieB

I never expected to do a back-to-back cruise, but I ran across an internet deal the other day and had to take advantage of adding another week to my already booked cruise on the CB.

I've seen info about B2B cruises before, but never really read them because I never expected to do it. My search on this site does not work either.

Those of you who have done a B2B, do you have to leave the ship and get back on? What do you do with your luggage while in-between? Do you get new sign and sail cards or are yours re-programmed? (We are changing cabins.)

Any additional comments will be apprecisted.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jack

Hi Jack,

My family and I did a back to back to Alaska a few years ago. We did not change rooms or move our luggage. We stayed on the ship and walked the decks, read and explored the ship. Exploring the ship without very few people was terrific. About 12 people remained on board. I think you will enjoy your experience. We will certainly do it again in the future. We did get new cards but they were given to us at the beginning of the cruise. You will probably get new cards but I would assume that your luggage would be moved for you. Have a great time.

Did one back 2 back So. America. There was around 100 doing the back to back thing, on our cruise there was one shore excursion offered and it kept us away all day. In fact we barely got back before the ship's departure time. It was unfortunately the worse tour the whole cruise. And Princess asked for anyone not taking that tour to try to limit their movement during the time the new passengers were boarding. I think because of immigration and such.

But as it was my first experience I read a number of posts here on the cc board in researching b2b's. It seemed almost every post mentioned almost post something different happening when the a cruise ended and what transpired. If memory serves me many mentioned the cabin stewards helped in moving luggage and personal belongings. We didn't move so I have no personal experience there. It was interesting seeing the make up of the passengers change. The first cruise there was a younger more international crowd. In fact Americans were one of the smallest groups. On the second half there was mostly American crowd and older. So like I said it was interesting. We had the same table (we like early seating). Our waiter was the same and the ass. waiter was a new person. I likes would love to do it again. Hope you enjoy your experience.

Hi!

We did b2b on the Caribbean Princess and we also had to change cabins as we did the same thing you did--decided to book the second week later that we booked the first and our cabin was already sold out. We asked at the Purser's desk what to do and they told us to wait in our cabin and they would come and move us when our cabin was ready. Our new room steward must have done our cabin first as they came about 9am as I recall. They brought a cart and hung the clothes from the closet and took the drawers out and took them to our new cabin and then just took the empty drawers from the new cabin back to the first cabin. I would have liked to have been able to stay in the first cabin, but we were thrilled we were getting to stay onboard, so anywhere was ok with us!! Right after they moved us it was time for us to go through customs.. take your passports with you (as they didn't tell us that!) They take you down a back way, down the elevator and walk through downstairs (where you were when you embarked the first time.) There were 12 of us. Good luck as our elevator got stuck. Of course, our whole cruise was a bit of a mess as we had 3 hurricanes and we never got to go where we were scheduled to go one time!! Still we had a wonderful time!!!!! Once you come back from customs you've got the ship all to yourselves until they start bringing on the next group!! It is fabulous!! I highly recommend it!! How often do you get to be on a ship like that with 12 other people!! They have a buffet line open for you and everything. We got a letter the night before telling us what to expect and where to meet for the tour through customs, etc. You'll love the whole experience!!! It's a fabulous thing to do!!

Barbara :D

No you don't have to leave the ship. Yes you will get new cards as you are changing cabins. Your cabin steward should bring your new cards the night before you change. If he doesn't, ask him to speak to his supervisor about getting them. As to moving, pack the small things but your hanging clothes will be moved on a rack by your steward

We actually spent the day touring Rome after making sure we understood the process for switching cabins. Oh yes, you will be issued a ."passenger in transit" card if you decide to leave the ship. We swiped our first cards when leaving that am. and swiped the new card when returning that pm.

Peggy

Archived