Worried about weather

GingerPJ

I'll be leaving this Sunday on the Carnival Miracle, and am starting to get worried about what weather to expect. The forecasts so far seem to be predicting rainy days all week long. Living in Florida, I know that this isn't always a big deal: "storms" can sometimes be just a few minutes, then sunny the rest of the day.

However, I noticed a post in the Carnival forums about last week's Miracle cruise that mentioned their Costa Maya stop being shortened. The poster said their departure time was moved to 2pm after they'd docked and disembarked. I'm going to be taking David & Ivan's tour, which I imagine will be longer than that, so what would happen if we have already left on our tour and Carnival decides the weather or seas are too bad to stay in port the full day? Am I being paranoid over nothing?

If you're on a shore excursion through Carnival they will wait until everyone is back on the ship - if you've gone through a private company, they could and probably would leave without you. That's the downside of booking on a private tour even though it may be cheaper.

Mirage 8/06

Archived