Westerdam May 21-28 Alaska Review

5 in OK

What a LOVELY review from a family's perspective! Your children sound like dream children and they deserved a wonderful vacation! Mine are all grown up and we are starting on grandchildren......we did lots of wonderful land vacations but never considered a cruise.

I am so glad to hear what a wonderful time you had and had your parents along as well - just can't make happier memories than that!

We were a few weeks ahead of you on the Volendam - our first cruise and had such a fabulous time that we want to return in 2 years with as many friends as possible.

I am still in cruise withdrawal :( so am enjoying reading others' reviews of this fabulous vacation to Alaska.

I just had to post and tell you what a wonderfully detailed but concise summary you posted for all to read and enjoy.

Hopefully your children will still enjoy travelling with mom and dad as teens! Thankfully, our teens never complained about family trips. :)

crusingici

Thank you for the nice comments!!! Yes, I am in cruise withdrawal too! It's so hard to believe we've been off the ship for 3 weeks!!!

I also hope the kids enjoy their grandparents for vacations to come. So far, so good - they're finally mature enough to realize what a blessing their grandparents are to our family.

I'm ready for our next cruise!!! (Wish my vacation account was ready for our next cruise:) )

Janet

I enjoyed your review. We will be on the Westerdam in a couple of weeks.

Did they open the deck on the bow while cruising Hubbard Bay? They did this during the Panama Canal transit and it was a fun place for observation.

I believe so. My mom and I went up on deck to snag some panoramic pics and there are lot of people milling about on the very front of the ship gazing at the glacier.

Photo Oportunity that we missed out on:

Have your group go to the front of the ship - send someone you trust :) up to the next open deck with your camera for a really cool picture of your family with the glacier in the background. If you're shooting digital you could really crop a great photograph!!

Most of all have fun - you are really going to enjoy your cruise!!!

Karen! Thank you so, so much! My husband and a I are celebrating our 40th anniversary in August, and have just booked our first-ever cruise! (can't really count Disney 15 years ago...).

Your post was amazing! It gave me so very much info, and the excitement (we just booked yesterfday morning), was re-stoked all over again!! Great job!

Linda:)

Do you know whether or not all category suites have access to the Neptune lounge or is it only for selected category? I'm going to in August on Westerdam, and I'd like to have access, but want to know if we have to upgrade our suite . . . thanks!

Do you know whether or not all category suites have access to the Neptune lounge or is it only for selected category? I'm going to in August on Westerdam, and I'd like to have access, but want to know if we have to upgrade our suite . . . thanks!

Hi Newfies:

The following suite categories have access to the Neptune lounge: PH, SA, SB, and SC.

We are going to Alaska on the Westerdam on Aug. 6. DH, DDs 15 and 13 and the in-laws. We all have a SA. When are you crusing?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived