Missing dining time!

xhoosa

I asked this question in another area and I forgot where :( so here it goes. What happens if you are out and return after your 6:15pm meal time or you dont make it on time for one reason or another? :eek: No food? I know you can go to the cafeteria one but I heard the food is not the same. We cruised on NCL and were able to eat in the main dining room at any time, now on RCL we are not sure what to expect with the set meal time of 6:15pm. I cant eat later because I would be up all night with heartburn. Any suggestions on what to do if you cant make it on time?

You can eat at the buffet. They have a lot of the same dishes the dining room has. At night it is a much nicer atmosphere, with tableclothes, and the lights turned down. I avoid the buffet like the plague at breakfast and lunch (because it is too crowded, etc) , but have found it to be very nice at dinner time.

You can order from room service. If you call during the dinner hours, you can get the menu that is being offered in the dining room (sans a few things, like lobster).

If your ship has a specialty restaurant (or 2), then you can try and see if they have an open table there.

You can ask the maitre'd if he has available seats at 2nd seating (for that one night). It would really depend on how full your sailing is (and how good the maitre'd is) if this would be an option, but you can always try.

Just saw you will be on the Navigator, you can also go grab some light snacks at the Cafe Promenade or eat at Johnny Rockets.

Yes, like wrp96. If you missed your seating time, but still during dining room hour. You can order room service with Dinner menu, but everything come all at once, including icecream...

Archived