Galaxy Porthole

karenam

We have a Guaranteed Cat 8 on the Galaxy. Celebrity says a window or porthole. Has anyone ever has a porthole on the Galaxy? How big are they and can you really see out? Thanks, Karen

I was in a cat. 8 cabin last fall on Galaxy and had a porthole. It was a real disappointment after having a window in the same category the year before. The porthole was small; the cabin seemed dark. I hated it and tried to get another cabin. Customer Service told me they were completely sold out. I found out from my dinner companions that that was not true as they had been moved to a better cabin after complaining about noise. If I were you, I would try to get a window NOW or just book a less expensive inside cabin. The porthole cabin is not worth the price IMO.

Jen

That make three of us. The Aft Cabins on the Continental deck (4) could be noisy and you will feel some vibration at times. I find that a Cat 11 inside on Plaza Deck just forward of the Guest Relations or Cat 10 Panorama Deck anywhere close to midships is quiet and smooth riding. My secret is to turn on the TV to the Bridge Camera turn down the sound and leave it on all night. When you wake in the morning you have a great view of where the ship is heading. You can just relax and count all the money you saved.

I'm in agreement with the other posters. We had a guarantee 8 on Galaxy one time and got a forward cabin with a port hole. The cabin was noisy/creaky and you could feel more sea roughness. Also, I am only 5'1" so I could not see out at all as the port hole was higher than my head. To top it off, the cabin was a triple or quad and had the bunk(s) protruding from the wall even when folded up. We like the Continental or Plaza deck, but just prefer the category 7 (oceanview) mid-ship or the category 10 or 11 (inside) mid-ship.

Archived