IBIZIA during the day..beaches?

Hi! We have never been to Spain and are booked for the Century 10/6 to Med. Ibizia is one of the ports. Anyone been there and what's there to do during the day?

Hi,

I LOVE Ibiza - it is a very exciting Island. I assume you will dock in Ibiza Town which is beautiful - I like it best after dark when it is so vibrant. You must walk up to the top of the Dalt Villa and just take in the atmosphere - a combination of the very old and the very new.

My FAVOURITE thing on Ibiza is to sit at one of the Sunset bars in San Antonio - the sun sets around 9.00pm so you may not have time for this but may see it from the ship. I love to sit at Cafe del Mar and listen to the Ambient music along with hundreds of others as the sun sets - it is a fantastic feeling - I have a Cafe del Mar CD that I love to play that take me back to Ibiza in my mind.

Enjoy Ibiza, but you need to relax and just chill out, take in the ambience - it is a very sensual place !! Have fun,

LK

When we docked in Ibiza, our ship was only there for the day! Our sons were disappointed, as you can imagine! The island was literally asleep the whole time we were there. It was a Sunday, of all days!!!!!! After reading about this party island, it ended up being the "calmest" port we stopped at! LOL! Hope you are there well into the evening, Snowey! (and NOT a Sunday!!!). It's still a beautiful little jem of an island. We thought it looked a lot like our Catalina Island off the Calif. coast.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think we are there until 5:00 PM. After googling Ibizia the only info I could get was about the night life. Too bad we are not going to be there for that :( .

If anyone else has some suggestions, I am listening.

BTW, The cruise we are booked on is Oct 6-06 Barcelona-Barcelona. The itinerary is awesome!

Claudia

Archived