Regarding cell phones onboard

Why does anyone want to use their cell phone while on vacation??? That is one of the things we are trying to get away from when we go on a cruise. It's nice to get away from the hectic world for a week without the distraction of having your phone ring or hearing someone elses phone conversations. It's also a great time for us to actually "talk" to our teenagers without them having a phone glued to their ear. Tell everyone you are on vacation and enjoy.:)

Why does anyone want to use their cell phone while on vacation???

We will be doing our first extend vacation from the kids (Age 4 and 2) to Bermuda and I would use it just to check in on them once a day really fast or if my mom had to contact us incase of emergency. We have Verizon.

Any other advice for keeping in touch with young kids at home?

We will be doing our first extend vacation from the kids (Age 4 and 2) to Bermuda and I would use it just to check in on them once a day really fast or if my mom had to contact us incase of emergency. We have Verizon.

Any other advice for keeping in touch with young kids at home?

If you mom has email, that is actually the cheapest method. Internet on the ship starts at $.50 per minute, but you can buy packages where the per minute cost is less. That way you could email home and vice versa, saving calling home for if you have an absolute emergency happen.

My VZ plan has no roaming. If it works then you covered with no extra cost. I have the family share national plan for myself and DS 14 and DD 12. It is handy for us. I think it might depend on what plan you are on as to if it works or not.

Archived