May 31st in Progresso!

TinAngel

Spent the day and would like to spend more time.

Loved the Saint Bonnet near the drop off from the shuttle and overlooks the beach at Ave. Malecon x 28, we ordered the calamari which was fried and it was fresh and wonderful! Also we had the fish of the day, gropher and the shrimp and lobster k-bobs! All for the two of us! Model light beer! Our waitress spoke no English, but my wife is bilingual. Got to talk with the owner and a few of the local customers and we then headed out into the city.

It was hot! Hot. We ventured say a half mile likely more towards the Church on a plaza. Now this is interesting as my wife is pushing me in my wheelchair. The city has numerous curb cuts so wheeling was easy. The local police would stop traffic and even let us cross corner to corner. We talked to many locals and enjoyed the shops where few cruisers ever venture.

Nice open air church with a small giftshop but they had a few craft items.

Nobody tried to sell us anything until we got to the "flea market" or whatever they call it. Mercado Americanos is what the locals called it.

The shuttle was "easy" as I can walk short distances but they we great as to loading the wheelchair inside and such. Did see an "internet cafe"and such.

Joe

Glad you had a good time, Joe. I feel sorry for the people that rush through these places as if they are late for something. There are so many things to do and see. Where else can you see eggs sold by weight or see a Domino's Pizza with a burro parked in front of it. I love these little unusual places.

We went into town, away from the Malecon and tourist traps and got to see a piece of Mexico that most tourist don't get to see. It makes you realize just how blessed that we are and we take it for granted.

I hope to see another review from you in the future. Thanks!

Archived