Which port for cycling? kayaking?

We're trying to vary our port visits a little and would love recommendations from anyone re which port(s) would be most suitable for a cycling or kayaking tour. I understand that Copenhagen has city bikes that can be picked up all around the city, and I've also read that kayaking the canals is an option. Anywhere else?

Also, if anyone has done anything off-the-beaten-path anywhere (hot air ballooning in Klaipeda looks interesting!), please share your experiences, links to recommended tours, etc.

Thanks!

Stockholm is the best port for kayaking. It is built on islands so there are many waterways. I found this place where you can rent a kayak:

http://www.08kajak.se/

It is close to the centre of Stockholm. There is one place that is even more central, next to the Vasa Museum, but they have no web site. Here is the address:

Djurgårdsbrons sjökafé,

Galärvarvsvägen 2, Stockholm. Tel: +46 8 660 57 57

This place also has a nice café and bikes to rent.

Stockholm is the best port for kayaking. It is built on islands so there are many waterways. I found this place where you can rent a kayak:

It is close to the centre of Stockholm. There is one place that is even more central, next to the Vasa Museum, but they have no web site. Here is the address:

Djurgårdsbrons sjökafé,

Stockholm is a great city for biking, with a lot of designated bike lanes so you can safely cover a lot of ground.

Skål

Djurgårdsbrons sjökafé,

Copenhagen is excellent for cycling. Nearly every street has a bike path lane. It's a great way to tour the city. However, if you have the time, I recommend finding your way to Hellerup, just north of Copenhagen, along the coast, and ride along strandvej. (beach road) From here, you can stop at beaches, and enjoy the scenery along the coast, and look accross to Sweden. Biking in the city is easy, but I think riding to the suburbs like Hellerup and along Strandvej will not dissapoint you. Maybe ride up to Klampenborg and tour Deer Park. What a great idea to cycle in Copenhagen.

Copenhagen is excellent for cycling. Nearly every street has a bike path lane. It's a great way to tour the city. However, if you have the time, I recommend finding your way to Hellerup, just north of Copenhagen, along the coast, and ride along strandvej. (beach road) From here, you can stop at beaches, and enjoy the scenery along the coast, and look accross to Sweden. Biking in the city is easy, but I think riding to the suburbs like Hellerup and along Strandvej will not dissapoint you. Maybe ride up to Klampenborg and tour Deer Park. What a great idea to cycle in Copenhagen.

Thanks much for the suggestions. I'll check out Hellerup. I also want to kayak the canals there. Hope we don't run out of time!

Re ballooning: Seems to be a possibility in Klaipeda. I haven't contacted them yet. If anyone does, please post details.

http://www.travel-lithuania.com/pages/Klaipeda/110/Oreivystes_centras

Archived