Any suggestions for Berlin sightseeing tour

We have planned to do Berlin from Warnemunde. We would like to see all the city highlights. Does anyone have any suggestions as to deciding on a tour in Berlin to include most of the city highlights. We would love to hear form those of you who already made this tour or planning a similar tour.

:o westville

Westville,

We are traveling on the Aug. 3 sail on the Star Princess and have booked private tours for St. Pete's, Stockholm, Gdansk and Berlin. In Berlin, we are using BerlinWalks and they seem to be very professional. They have worked with me for several months to tweek our tour (we are a family of 10, ages 18 to 81) and seem very interested in getting it just right. They are very easy to work with, with a lot of information on their website (www.berlinwalks.com/private_cruise.html). I know that the 3 hour trip from Wernemunde is long, but everything I read says it's worth the effort. And since we will be traveling by private minibus/van and not by train, it really seemed worth it since it won't be quite as strenuous and it would be otherwise. And the price was good too - approximately $1500 for the 10 of us, including transportation, entrance into the Jewish Museum Berlin and a private guide in the museum as well.

I hope this information is helpful. There is also another thread with additional information.

Janet

Hi

We spend 4 days in Berlin in 2001 and are going back on the 27th prior to going to Copenhagen to catch the Star. Berlin is so very easy to get around. I recommend you do the Hop on Hop off bus. They have headphones for all languages. If you see something you want to look at closer you get off and wait for the next bus. They go by all of the main sites and there is a guide on board too that explains things. We did this last time and will probably do it again to get our bearings.

Hope this helps.

Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We have planned to do Berlin from Warnemunde. We would like to see all the city highlights. Does anyone have any suggestions as to deciding on a tour in Berlin to include most of the city highlights. We would love to hear form those of you who already made this tour or planning a similar tour.

:o westville

Hi westville...

Just off of the Baltic cruise on the Constellation.

We booked a private tour of Berlin with private-berlin-tours.com.

7 people, @ 100 euros per person.

Picked up at the ship in an air conditioned van...driven to Berlin...and given an excellent tour !!!

11.5 total hours.

Given a history lesson all the way to Berlin, so that we were caught up when we got to Berlin.

Check out this price with what the ship is charging. It does not even begin to compare.

I very highly recommend !

My family learned so much !

Berlin is wonderful, with far too much to do in a day.

Invest in a good guide book, and read it. Then I'd agree with those who say to avoid the ship tours - get something tailor made for YOU and YOUR requirements.

If you're interested in Egypt the Egyptian Museum is small, but high quality. The bust of Nefertiti is breathtaking. I took my late father to Berlin for the day (from England) just to see it!

Archived