In Norway - Flaam to Myrdal Train Question

Hello everyone

We'll be visiting the Norwegian Fjords during the first week of July this year and I'm considering taking the roundtrip train ride between Flaam and Myrdal Station. My question is, should I hop right back on the train that leaves 10 minutes after arriving in Myrdal station to return to Flaam or should I take the following train 1.5 hours later? Just wondering if there's anything to see in Myrdal (scenery, perhaps a bar or two where we can kill time and speak to the locals....etc). From the reading I've done so far, it looks like it's just a train station with nothing around it....

HELP!!!

Thanks

Rolando

Hi

We were in Norway about five years ago and did the "Norway in a Nutshell" trip which included this rail journey. You are correct the only thing at Myrdal is the station.

The feature of the trip is the scenery and how much the train climbs between the two stations. There is a stop part way at the waterfall where they stop the train and let you get off to take photos - watch for the girls in red dresses singing in the waterfall!

Flam is also quite a small place - its whre the ferry comes in that is part of the Nutshell trip and there are a few tourists shops and somewhere to eat.

Sue G

Archived