HIGHLIGHTS in Alaska, in Priority order

momeason

Hiking with Matt from The Ascending Path on a glacier.

We did the Matanuska Glacier 2 hours from Anchorage. It was just my family of four on a 3.5 hour hike seeing all the formations, peaks, valleys, lakes, crevasses. (His company also does tours on Alyeska Glacier in Girdwood. Closer to the cruise destination/ origination port.) Price $120-$139pp. Experience:Priceless

Staying at The Ballaine House B and B in Seward. Marilee is the most accomodating hostess you will ever find. That is a challenge!!

Using Murray's log and driving up to Emerald Lake in a rental car from Skagway. Emerald Lake is worth the drive, but there is so much to see on the way..including black bears. The scenery keeps changing and it is all beautiful and interesting. This was a very inexpensive day for our family and one of the best.

Whale Watching with Captain Larry in Juneau:

About 16 passengers were on our 2.5 hour whale watching tour. I could have stayed all day if I had more time. His next trip was not full and he offered us the opportunity to stay onboard for $50pp. We saw 2 humpbacks up close and personal..no hurry and a group of about 12 Orcas.

Getting up very early and watching the sun rise in College Fjords. The reflections on the water were beautiful!!

Tie: Kenai Fjords Tour with lots of wildlife, great scenery and glaciers.

Prince William Sound Cruises 11 am tour out of Whittier with different beautiful scenery, glaciers and sea otters. Not many sea otters in Kenai.

Misty Fjords. Lovely and we had great weather. I do not know if it would have been as good with the normal Ketchican mist and rain. We did see harbor seals up close. We did not get close to them in Kenai or PWS. The high mountains would be shrouded in fog. We had a nice day...more gorgeous scenery.

Hiking with Matt from The Ascending Path on a glacier.

We did the Matanuska Glacier 2 hours from Anchorage. It was just my family of four on a 3.5 hour hike seeing all the formations, peaks, valleys, lakes, crevasses. (His company also does tours on Alyeska Glacier in Girdwood. Closer to the cruise destination/ origination port.) Price $120-$139pp. Experience:Priceless

Staying at The Ballaine House B and B in Seward. Marilee is the most accomodating hostess you will ever find. That is a challenge!!

Using Murray's log and driving up to Emerald Lake in a rental car from Skagway. Emerald Lake is worth the drive, but there is so much to see on the way..including black bears. The scenery keeps changing and it is all beautiful and interesting. This was a very inexpensive day for our family and one of the best.

Whale Watching with Captain Larry in Juneau:

About 16 passengers were on our 2.5 hour whale watching tour. I could have stayed all day if I had more time. His next trip was not full and he offered us the opportunity to stay onboard for $50pp. We saw 2 humpbacks up close and personal..no hurry and a group of about 12 Orcas.

Getting up very early and watching the sun rise in College Fjords. The reflections on the water were beautiful!!

Tie: Kenai Fjords Tour with lots of wildlife, great scenery and glaciers.

Prince William Sound Cruises 11 am tour out of Whittier with different beautiful scenery, glaciers and sea otters. Not many sea otters in Kenai.

Misty Fjords. Lovely and we had great weather. I do not know if it would have been as good with the normal Ketchican mist and rain. We did see harbor seals up close. We did not get close to them in Kenai or PWS. The high mountains would be shrouded in fog. We had a nice day...more gorgeous scenery.

Did Marilee.. get ya over to the BArn Appetite? She took us and her other guests over there one day.. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Construction work did not bother us at all.. we had a great time with Marilee at the Ballentine house :))

Thanks bunches

• 2 weeks later...

Archived