Imagination-it's our 1st cruise

Hi everyone. A few months ago I asked some questions and received good advice. Well in early April our son was assaulted and our lives were altered.

We are leaving this Monday on the Imagination to the western carribean and we have done nothing to prepare for the trip. We are a family of 4-ages 46, 45, 21 and 18.

Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated. what to pack(everyone says don't pack alot...what is alot?), shore excursions websites.

Anything...it is now crunch time.

Thanks

First of all, my sympathy to you and your family on your terrible experience. May God help you to deal.....

The Imagination is a great ship and I know you will have a stress free great time!!!

Just pack what makes you feel comfortable in hot weather!!!! during the day beachwear is the norm with shorts and tops when not enjoying the Lido deck activities (you can spend the entire day there if you can take the sun!!!) For dinner, nice casual dress not extremely dressy except for Formal night and even then, you don't have to be 'too' dressy!! I wore a long gown and felt overdressed!! As a matter of fact, I was overdressed each night......make it easy and comfortable for you and your family...you are on VACATION!!! We went in two hours early to get ready for dinner each night and missed soo much that was happening on the Lido deck...won't make that mistake again!!!! Relax and enjoy!!!

Take all meds...use room service as a wake up call!!! Nothing like waking up to coffee in bed!!! Take hairdryer and shampoo....nice scented soap available in shower (and possibly shampoo..can't remember) Personal items and thats about it!!!! If you spend alot of time in swimwear, no need to have more than one change of clothes per day....use the same outfit for "daywear" and "afterdinner" wear...no one will ever know!!! (We changed out of dress clothes after dinner for comfort).

And the beds are to DIE for!!!!!

Have a wonderful vacation!!!

As far as excursions are concerned I suggest you let Carnival take care of it for you. Its much less stressfull on your first cruise...second cruise you can explore other options with a little more comfort. You know what your likes and dislikes are.....my advise is don't do Dunn's River unless you are planning to climb it...the beach area leaves alot to be desired!!!

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your son's assault, but I think you all are going to have a wonderful time on the Imagination.

I just can not say enough good things about this ship. It looks sparkling new, and the staff is so friendly and they just go out of their way for you.

The "Cool Runnings" boat to Dunns river is really fun in Ochos.

I think most people did follow dress codes, formal night was dressy, suits are fine for the guys. The ships photogs are great, you can get a nice family portrait. Another fun thing : some night they have the "Old time" portraits, they can do these in sepia, they have slip on clothes, like dance hall girl, wild west guy, etc...really cool...these same sort of portraits cost more than double in Orlando.

Do a search on "Imagination" here on the carnival thread for lots of good info, and check the reviews. Also check the port of call section for jamaica and grand cayman.

When I was on Imagination it had just gotten #2 in fleetwide customer satisfaction. It is an older ship, but it looks new and many of the crew have been with her a long time. You will not read very many "hate it" reviews about Imagination .

Many of the so called 'problems" that people complain of just were not here on this ship, ie, tendering into Grand Cayman is super easy...Imagination gets the "better" pier in Ochos...the ship is super super clean, looks new, even the windows are clean.

The buffet/lido is clean and bussed all the time, always have ice tea, coffee, tea, lemonade, juice, ice, 24/7. They don't run out of anything here.

So check out the info on Imagination and then just go and enjoy, you all deserve it !

We sailed on the Imagination in 03 and I can tell you that it is the best ship in the fleet! We have planned our first family cruise on this ship! pack what ever you are comfortable to wear. The crew is great! You will see the Captain all over the ship. The food is great, the activities are great and you will have a great time!

Wear sunscreen always, reapply OFTEN! Also bring an extra swimsuit if you do water activities as it takes awhile to dry in the bathroom on the clothesline.

remember the toilets flush Load, dont be scared. Go with the flow, have fun and dont be afraid to try somehting new/unexpected.

My 1st cruise I packed way to much "nice " shirts, polo's blouses etc. MY second I took a few only and more tee's Much better. Also it is hot and very humid so pack extra undies, I changed after port many days.

My fav advice is to take along a big insulated cup for drinks. They are all the way up on the Lido deck, and it gets tiresome going up every 5 min for fruit punch.

try new foods! Have a great time!

went on the cruise in March and daughter just came back from the June 3rd. I have a review posted for my March 27th Cruise.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

My daughter did the Stingray thing in Grand Caymen. We both took a taxi on-our-own to the Falls in Jamaica. You get there earlier, avoid crowds and then you have plenty of time to go to Margueritaville or shop!

Cruisers don't dress-up much anymore. Only one nice outfit is needed.

If you can sing, go to Kaoroke and tell Liz hello. My husband got to sing Garth Brooks and my daughter just did Madonna in the big Legends show on the last night.

Enjoy yourself. Cruising is the best way to go!

One piece of advice, that hasn't been added here is pack a sweater or shawl. The dining room gets a little chilly, and the deck can get breezy during the late evening strolls. The only reason I had a sweater on the cruise last year was I wore it when we left home driving to Tampa. I had rolled it up and stuck it in my tote bag. I was very happy I had it.

Archived