Rec'd Docs Today

seamac29

On the Star the 9th July and today in our documents we each received 4 peel-off, self stick color coded labels that have the expected cabin and name info on them. They also have a small white space at the top that has a fairly long number typed only on the first label. Do I record that same number on the other labels including my BW's . Is there a specific time and spot we place these labels on our luggage. Though this may seem fairly obvious I just want to make certain of not erring. I presume the morning we arrive at the pier (we will already have been in Seattle a few days ) and on the top of the luggage. Thanks and I thank anyone for their time and indulging us as it is our first cruise. :rolleyes:

On the Star the 9th July and today in our documents we each received 4 peel-off, self stick color coded labels that have the expected cabin and name info on them. They also have a small white space at the top that has a fairly long number typed only on the first label. Do I record that same number on the other labels including my BW's . Is there a specific time and spot we place these labels on our luggage. Though this may seem fairly obvious I just want to make certain of not erring. I presume the morning we arrive at the pier (we will already have been in Seattle a few days ) and on the top of the luggage. Thanks and I thank anyone for their time and indulging us as it is our first cruise. :rolleyes:

I don't think you have to add the number to any other tags, they have all the information that is needed.

I usually put the tags on the luggage just before getting to the pier. I've always placed the tags around the handle of the luggage....stick it to itself.

Where they go is around the handles of your luggage just like the airlines do. When depends on how you are getting to Seattle. If NCL is making your arrangements, the tags should be on the bags before you leave Sea-Tac as NCL will be taking them to the ship. If you are getting yourself to the ship, then they need to be on the bags before you check them in.

Embarcation in Seattle is easy, take your luggage to the check-in which is on street level, then proceed with your carry-on and cruise docs to the main building - the check-in is on the second floor. If you arrive before 11:00 AM you will need to wait to board. After 11:00 you may go onboard and explore the ship - your room will not be ready until at least 12:30 or 1:00. Go to the Aloha Cafe and enjoy the buffet lunch, then find a forward lounge and relax, they will announce when the cabins are ready - by deck.

Expect to see your luggage very late afternoon or early evening - perhaps as late as 6:00PM. If you want to dine in the dining room, I suggest that you either wear your resort casual attire, or pack it in your carry-on.

With a 4:00 PM departure, If you eat around 5:30 or 6:00 then go to the forward lounge you can watch the sunset over Vancouver Island and checkout the Wash St and BC Ferrys that cross the path of the cruise ship. Go to bed early, as you will want to be up at the crack of dawn so you don't miss an inch of the great AK scenery.

OH OH it is coming back - got to resist - got to fight the urge to go back to AK.:rolleyes:

Archived