How hard is it to get a Family Suite?

I haven't called RCCL yet. Is it really difficult to get one of the family suites? Would I have to basically tell them to tell me what they have available and choose from there or do you think there might be sufficient inventory to be a little more picky? I don't want to get my hopes up for one cruise only to find out that there is no way I would ever get it unless I book on the first day available.

I would really like to treat my parents to a cruise next year. I know that they won't be around "forever" and would like to give something back to them that they would never do for themselves. They have never cruised before but I think they would enjoy it. It would also be great for them to know that they weren't being brought along as "baby sitters" (thanks Adventure Ocean!) and could relax and enjoy themselves.

So, any opinions on being able to get one of these family suites?

If you are looking to book your cruise about a year or more away then there should be no problem reserving the Royal Family Suite. I also think it depends on the time of year and the ship that you are sailing. We booked n aft Royal Family Suite on Grandeur for an end of May 2007 cruise in the begining on May 2006. You do need at least 5 people to book this cabin which is why it is not available through the website.

We were thinking of a Christmas cruise in 2007. Would that be out of the question you think?

I am going to call RCCL this weekend, once I have a smaller list of cruises we want to consider.

Thanks!

We were thinking of a Christmas cruise in 2007. Would that be out of the question you think?

I am going to call RCCL this weekend, once I have a smaller list of cruises we want to consider.

Thanks!

If you're thinking about Explorer for your Christmas Cruise in 2007, you'll probably have to waitlist. Even the Suites are waitlisted already! Best of luck with trying to snag one, regardless of the ship!

Nick

The morning of the day the cruise first opened for booking, all four of the RFS were taken. That was May 5 2006 for a June 2007 cruise. It is my understanding that these suites are very popular and hard to get. Fortunately, we were able to get the last one for the cruise we wanted. Otherwise we would likely have done two JS or perhaps a Grand Suite and JS.

...if your dates and choice of ship are flexible, and you aren't booking a last minute or high season cruise, you should have no problem getting one. I called in mid March and ended up getting one on the Freedom for this October. Never thought that would happen on a brand new ship as we originally started looking on the Voyager class ships. The price was cheap too!!! Worked out to about $1,000 per person based on 8 passengers.

Christmas or New Year's sailing would probably be more difficult, so if you're looking for 2007, I'd get on the phone NOW!!!! ;)

Good luck!!!

Archived