Customer service leaves a lot to be desired!

I booked Vision of the Seas on June 2nd, for the 1/7/07 cruise. I sent a check for a deposit and even called to make sure the check arrived. I was told it was received and all was fine. I went to add a friend to the booking last night and my reservation was gone! I called RCI and was told the booking was cancelled due to non payment of deposit, I was told to call the Resolution desk today. I called this morning and was on hold for a total of 48 mins and never talked to anyone! I called back and talked to a regular CVP who did his best to figure out what the deal was, as my account stated that the check was received. Put me on with a supervisor who could not tell me why, and did not know where my check was. She said she would call me back after talking to accounting department, she has yet to call! I spoke to her at 9 am and it is now 6:10 pm. Is RCI customer service always this poor?

Molly, yes, the customer service is that poor - at all the cruiselines - when you have a problem like this. What I can advise is that you call back first thing in the morning. The people who can help with problems like that only work during the day.

Unfortunately, when a check is lost, with any large company, it isn't as easy as let me go check this desk and I'll be back in a moment. It's highly likely that the CSRs are in a completely different building, if not a different city or state, than the accounting department. You need to give them a little time to find it. In the mean time, I would be calling your bank and asking if it has cleared, if it has then I would request a copy of the front and back of the check. The should be able to email you an electronic copy that you can send to RCCL as proof of payment.

In the future, I agree that for things like a deposit it truly is best to use a credit card instead of a check.

Very often the right hand doesn't have a clue what the left hand is doing. Land based CS with RCI leaves much to be desired IMO. I think they try. They just don't have a good enough support base to work with.

As mentioned, the first thing I'd do is call the bank to see if the check cleared. If it hasn't, RCI probably lost it. If it has, then accounting has screwed up and misplaced your money. You'll probably need to fax them a copy of the canceled check and then go from there to straighten it out.

Customer service leaves a lot to be desired!

Unfortunately, that is not news to any of us.

One thing I would absolutely advise you is to not be waiting for people to call you back. You have to take the initiative and stick with it until a resolution is reached.

Archived