A hotel or B&B close to Rome airport?

Hi everyone!

We will be on a visit to my husband's family village (Civitella Alfedena) after our 12 night cruise on the Liberty. We are not going to visit Rome this time and instead want a nice place to sleep for 1 night outside of Rome, & near the airport.

Since I'll be driving I really want to avoid going into Rome. My husband was thinking Ostia Antica??? Any suggestions?

We'll be leaving Ohio for Rome 7 days from today!!!!

I stayed at the Rome Hilton Airpor last year in conjuction with my Liberty cruise. You walk your bags directly to the Airport Terminal. It was comfortable, the food in the restaurant good, room was higher standard than I had had in other overseas hotels, and Carnival has a guest desk in the lobby to assist you. If you decide to take a few hours in the city, they offer a free bus into town and return trip.

Hi everyone!

We will be on a visit to my husband's family village (Civitella Alfedena) after our 12 night cruise on the Liberty. We are not going to visit Rome this time and instead want a nice place to sleep for 1 night outside of Rome, & near the airport.

Since I'll be driving I really want to avoid going into Rome. My husband was thinking Ostia Antica??? Any suggestions?

We'll be leaving Ohio for Rome 7 days from today!!!!

Hilton is very expensive. Go to www.Venere.com Easy to use site and there is no charge until you get there. Can't remember the name of the hotel but it was about $100 per night for the two of us. This was May 2005. They had parking for your car. Room was nice (the sheets were starched) and I walked to the sea where fishing boats came in and were selling their catch to retailers/restauranteers.

Enjoy

We stayed in Ostia. There is the Ostia Antica site (haven't been, but understand some consider it as important as Pompeii, although it is smaller).

Otherwise, Ostia is where Romans go when they want a day at the beach. Think the Jersey shore, Italian style! We stayed in a hotel directly across the street from the beach and it was fine. Not 5 star, but OK for the night. It's easy to get to the airport from Ostia. There are no hotels directly on the beach (or at least there weren't when we were there, unless a new one has been built.)

Good luck and enjoy!

Here is a hotel that several people recommended on another travel board.

http://www.eurohouseinn.it/sx.eng.home.inglese.htm

Says it is right near the airport and reasonable prices too!

Good luck.

I know that the Hilton is very expensive! You might check out the Sheraton hotel, Holiday Inn also. I believe they have shuttle services to airport.

Thanks everybody for posting suggestions. We found a great (we think) hotel for us from http://www.venere.com. It's Hotel Motel Corsi. Its about 8 km from the airport...has a great breakfast buffet.....a/c...and is only 90 E for a triple!

In addition, there is supposed to be a great place across the street for dinner called Trattoria da Carlo.

All in all....I think this place will suit our needs for 1 night. I'll let you guys know what we think of it when we get back!

Archived