recovering deposits????

Sorry but it states in the UK brochure ...cancel-lose deposit....gawd this makes me so mad....but it is written in the Booking Conditions.:(

It does state though that ...depending on the reason for cancelling the cruise you might perhaps be able to claim deposit back through your insurance policy.

I havent heard anymore on thereview on the Cancellation Policy...but I will do a follow up email right now...and let you all know as soon as I hear anything new.

By the way.....do all UK pax know that you do not have to pay your deposit on the ship to get your onboard credit ?....you can, in effect, have a cabin/cabins on hold....and you have usually approx 3 weeks to pay your deposit when you get home.The cabin on hold is done with RCCI UK but you can transfer it to your own TA when you get home....just remember to keep same booking number :D

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Liz,

is it possible to have a friend (in the US) book the cruise for you. For instance say you and Alex want to go on a cruise on the Freedom, so your friend n the US books a cruise for her and you . You give her the money for the deposit. THen if you need to cancel you can get your deposit back. If you do not cancel, then she cances her name on the booking and adds your son. There just has to be a way around losing your deposit. Hmm that's a thought for a mini busines venture.

Annieeee

Hi Annie

I am lucky in that I normally use a US TA.....but I would like to be able to use a UK one for my Med cruise next year. But until the UK has the same cancellation policy as the US then will continue to book with my US TA.

It can get very frustrating and time consuming getting my C & A coupons credited to US TAs....as mine are naturally in UK Pounds.

I also have to do my payments and changes by email to the US ...heck I dont want to have large phone bill :(

I have found a TA here I would be more than happy to use...if the cancellation policy does change.

It is so annoying to us over here that we are charged for every change...be it names on booking whatever.If we wanted to change to another date or ship.....we would lose our deposits.....but with US TA...hey no prob :D

Unfortunately not everyone is comfortable to book with a TA outside their own country...thats why we in the UK need to let RCCI UK know we want changes....to be honest...why should we have to go to another country to book our cruises.

Och well one day hopefully RCCI will get its act together...and we will all be treated the same.

Until then....I am more than happy to send my cruise money to my US TA :D

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Sorry to OP, don't mean to hijack the thread BUT.... I have the same problem with a 'slightly' different angle!

I haven't posted on CC in a while but I need help please!

Last September, in order to avail of on board credit, we booked a cruise while we were on Radiance. The cruise we wanted at the time (New England) was not running and there was no schedule for it so the Loyalty Ambassador said it would be OK to book 'any' cruise and then transfer the booking.

Long story short, the New England cruise was 'recomissioned' and I booked for September 30th this year. When I phoned to change the booking I was told that they would refund me the original deposit and then I needed to pay a new deposit and they would transfer the on board credit. The reason it was done this way I was told is because the US price was working out about $200 more expensive that the £price (website prices were different!!). Anyways, back to the present, we decided we don't want to do this cruise and are not sure when we will be able to cruise again or indeed which cruise we alctally would go on so.... today, I phoned RCCL (92 days out) to cancel my booking and have my deposit refunded... guess what - they say it's non-refundable!! I told the Supervisro that on board Radiance we were told it was fully refundable up to 90 days out and that when I changed the booking I was under the impression that the same booking conditions applied (as no-one told me otherwise!). She actually tried to tell me that the 90day policy does NOT exist!!!!!!! (The guy before her tried to tell me that I couldn't transfer my booking as I had already done it once before!!!!)

I asked her to get back to me on this matter. Just after I put the phone down from her I found the 'American' brochure which the Loyalty Ambassador gave me when I booked on board and it clearly states what I already knew - '...fully refundable up to 90 days out'. I phoned back and asked to speak to her but they couldn't locate her so I asked that she call me back asap... I haven't received a phone call.... 4 hours later. Now what I'm wondering is... is she trying to stall in order to get inside the 90 days... what should I do?

Any update on change of cancellation policy?

ANY advice is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,

There is another issue I have encountered with booking on board and then switching to a different date. I have read that if you switch to a different sail date the ORIGINAL BOOKING CANX policy applies! I booked in Oct.05 for an Oct. 06 cruise, that means my canx date is July 06. Well I have now switched to a July 07 date and have read that the July 06 canx date is still my canx date, if I canx after that I lose my deposit. I have called RCI on this and the girl was a little confusing, to say the least, she said yes this was the policy, but for some reason my new booking showed my canx date as 90 days before my July 07 sailing..Do I believe this??? I don't think so. I am going to canx, get my deposit credited and re-book while sailing in 2 weeks. Still get my onboard credit but do not have to worry about WEIRD changes only RCI knows about!

Archived