Eagle Beach

Phamer55

According to Cruise Critic, Eagle Beach is the "Best Beach for the Dedicated Beach Bum" It says that "Eagle Beach, a hangout for tourists and locals alike, is the longest stretch of white sand on the island. All of the amenities are here, including lovely shaded picnic areas. It's approximately 10 minutes away from the cruise pier by taxi".

This sounds like what I'm looking for!

Anyone have an opinion on this beach, or any others, that is the best combination of being close to the pier (10-15 minute taxi ride), white powder sand, calm swimming, and relatively quiet and away from the larger resorts?

I like Eagle Beach....our home resort is LaCabana on Eagle Beach. It may be crowded in sections near the hotels but it is a long beach and you can find quieter areas. There are sections on all the beaches that may be roped off for turtle hatching areas. We spent 2 weeks in Aruba 2 years ago and saw turtles hatching on Eagle Beach down by the Bucuti resort. It was very neat!!

Thank you for the replies. Glad to hear that it is a long beach and that we can find quieter areas. I look forward to checking it out come January. Also, thanks for the heads up about the restrooms and the shade.

Archived