Cigar bars

icanflossu

We traveled on the Norwegian Sea in '05 and one of our favorite places on the ship was the cigar lounge. They had a great piano guy in there and the ventillation was supurb. Do any other ships in the fleet have these cigar bars?

We traveled on the Norwegian Sea in '05 and one of our favorite places on the ship was the cigar lounge. They had a great piano guy in there and the ventillation was supurb. Do any other ships in the fleet have these cigar bars?

yes most of the ships do in some form or another...the Dawn, the Spirit etc...

The cigar bar on the Jewel was just as magnificent as you described on the Star.

Spent time every evening there, same set up, great ventilation, piano located just outside the space and the whole cigar bar is open to the rest of the surrounding bar/lounge.

The Spirit does not have a cigar bar, unfortunately. They have the "Smoking Room." A tiny, poorly ventilated, stinky room. No ambiance at all. After sailing the Sun previously which has a really nice cigar bar, I was dissapointed (although from what I had read before sailing I was not surprised). I am looking at the Star next and it looks like that ship has a nice cigar bar.

;) The Dawn does......but I am allegic to smoke and couldn't stay in there for more than the time it takes to pass thru

;) The Dawn does......but I am allegic to smoke and couldn't stay in there for more than the time it takes to pass thru

On the Dawn is a seperate room that you have to open to walk in. With its own air system. I was in the one on the Norwegian sea which also was the Martini Bar- I couldn't stay to drink my Martini's it stank. Yes the Spirits room is small but they still have it. Most cruise lines don't permit cigar smoking anywhere inside including the state rooms...

I was on both the Dawn and the Spirit.

I thought the Dawns cigar lounge was pretty good. At times there were 5 or 6 people in there smoking cigars. It was not terrible. Pretty well ventilated (for a cigar lounge).I did indulge 2-3 nights. THe cigars sold were not bad at all. Pricing was OK.

however

The Spirit I left within 2 minutes.

the difference

not many cigarette smoking going in cigar lounge on the Dawn, but lots on the Spirit. I can take cigar smoke (i only smoke about 4 a year), but cigarette smoke just gets to me. I guess that doesn't make sense to some.

not many cigarette smoking going in cigar lounge on the Dawn, but lots on the Spirit. I can take cigar smoke (i only smoke about 4 a year), but cigarette smoke just gets to me. I guess that doesn't make sense to some.

Makes total sense to me. Cigars are like a fine wine. Meant to be smoked in moderation while taking the time to enjoy and appreciate.

I think the reason the smoking room on the Spirit is full of cigarette smokers is because it is right off the Galaxy Of The Stars which is a non-smoking venue.

Pride of Hawai'i has one, just off the piano bar in "bar alley" deck

6. Quite nice, good ventilation, you can hear the piano player.

On the Pride of America it is part of a large open area with piano bar

and other atrium facilities. Thus, you get to hear the entertainment

which is often a piano player. The big problem there was regularly

losing most of the space to the art auction, and hit-and-run

cigarette smokers.

On the Pride of Aloha, it is a partitioned area just off the Captain

Cook Bar (deck 6), which usually has some low-key entertainment. Not as

good ventilation as PoH and PoA. There are decorative cigar displays,

but they are a mess due to the air conditioning.

In the case of PoAm and PoH, cigarette smokers are

regular visitors. On PoH, I talked with a number of

crew members who were using it to smoke cigarettes. Only

a couple of passengers enjoying a good cigar.

On all ships, getting the attendants to clean ash trays was

often a problem. Heck on the PoAm, getting any ashtrays

at all was a problem!

On PoAm, they had issues of Cigar Afficianado magazine,

which was fun to read (but I don't subscribe). Other ships

had no literature. I ended up bringing my own

cigar catalogs for reading on the PoH. At the

end of the cruise, they were dog-eared, but still

there.

Archived