Palm Beach Chair/Umbrella rentals where?

gizmo

Can someone please tell me where we can rent chairs and umbrellas on Palm Beach ? I don't want to get dropped off and have to walk block after block looking for rentals. One person in our party cannot do this kind of walking.

Any idea of what time in the morning they might be there to rent them ?

Thanks,

Giz :)

We took a taxi to the beach and we were dropped off at a walkway between 2 hotels. I think one was the Radisson. There were several vendors renting beach chairs and umbrellas. You will have no problem and you only have to walk to the waters edge before someone will be seeking your business.

Thanks.

I have a friend who walked forever on the beach trying to find umbrella and chair rentals. It was pretty hard on her Mom and I wanted to avoid this. I asked her but she couldn't remember just were they finally found them.

The rental tent IS at the southern end of the Radisson's beach. I have just verified this with an aquaintance on the island. Either way there is going to be "some" walking involved. Even if you have the taxi drop you off at the Radisson, their property is 14 acres. It is still a haul down to the beach from the lobby. The good thing is that there is a cement walkway connecting all of the hotels along Palm Beach. Also see this thread also http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=355204

My FIL and I dropped off my MIL, wife and son at the Radisson after having heard that they sell day passes there. After being given the run-around by several people at the hotel, they were informed that the hotel would not be able to service them. They took a cab to the Divi Village Beach Resort and spent the day there. I don't know what the cost was, but they really enjoyed the place. I think it's a little closer to town than the Radisson, but I could be wrong.

By the way, the Radisson did look very nice.

The "rental tent" I refer to above is not part of the Radisson's facilities and is at the very end of their property. You are not able to use their chaise lounges, palapas or swimming pools.

HOWEVER, all beaches in Aruba are public, thus the "rental tent" sells watersports and rents chaises etc. Excellent option for cruise ship passengers and those staying in apartments and small properties off of the beach.

Archived