TP Review - April 9 - 19/06 (Lengthy)

oceans2

Would you expand a little on this store? I did a forum search and your's was the only mention that turned up.

I also did a web search and found out it is a French supermarket chain, but that was the only description I could find.

Do they carry more than groceries?

Souvenirs?

Price compare to Le Marche?

Thanks!

KTE

KTE,

The store is huge - sort of like a Wal-Mart size store here at home. Besides a fantastic selection of groceries - imported cheeses, great selection of wines, baguettes, etc., they have a nice variety of lotions, including Coconut and Vanilla shower gels that you can't get anywhere but there and France. Prices for these shower gels were the best anywhere - we paid $5.50 U.S. for a 2-pack of each - great souvenirs for people. They also have souvenir playing cards and a small selection of nice pareus which I think if I remember correctly were even a bit cheaper than the Marche (which we also loved shopping at - had to do more shopping because it rained so much when we were there), other usual souvenir items as well. Prices were very good. It was definitely worth a trip there - and not far from the Intercontinental so it was really easy to get to - DH keeps talking about the pain au chocolat at the little spot just inside the mall outside Carrefour. If you only have time to shop at one spot, I'd choose the Marche because of the fun atmosphere but the Carrefour is a great spot to do some serious grocery shopping or to pick up some souvenirs, wine and groceries at good prices. The Marche is more "Polynesian", think large French store for Carrefour.

Ia Orana,

Thanks for the Memories. We were also on the same cruise. We left on Fri (very rainy from 11am till dinner) although it made going home easier. We got to the airport late I would suggest this short lines and less wait.

We stayed post cruise at the IC in a motu bungalow that we got when we checked in. It was a little cheaper than in advance. However this can be risky they may not have any when you check in.

We did Stephans tours on Raitea and Bora,Bora (first day). He was the best very proud of his Islands and will go out of his way to show you a good time. Bring a lunch the food he puts out is only a snack (light). We did not see dolphins in Raitea we did in Bora,Bora. We did the morning tour for 45.00 and stayed on his motu (good snorkling) for the pm and got back to the boat by 5:00. His daughter is in the Children of Raitea show.

Again, This trip to Tahiti is a trip of a lifetime and not to be missed. Lots to do and great people to meet. Go Slow and Experience the Flavor of Tahiti. Don't be in to big of a hurry, the Tahitians won't be.

I will go back. If we had a choice we would stay forever. I now understand Mel Gibson's Fletcher Christian in "The Bounty".

Till we meet again in Paradise

Nana

• 2 weeks later...

Archived