Would you share your "formal" portraits with me??

4tocruisesoon

OK, I am taking total advantage of my DH while we are on our 10yr anniversary cruise! I told him we will be getting LOTS of pics taken, in front of any background, gown and tux, khackis and button downs, whatever!

Would anyone be willing to share some of their portraits that they have had taken on Princess recently??

TIA!

Sharon

Was this a completely off the wall request? HAHA

No one can share with me? I guess I can understand if not :) I am just intersted in seeing what types of portraits they take is all. Recently on Carnival, I was blown away with all the new neat things they did, just was curious if Princess was the same is all. Thanks anyway!

Sharon

On the recent Crown cruise, there were 2 formal nights. On each night multiple "backgrounds" (formal black, dark blue, lighter colors, "vines", Titanic stairs, in the Piazza, on the grand stair cases, etc.), and standing, seated, couples embracing, etc. Some great ones with entire families -- in retrospect, I would have spent a bit more time walking around watching each of the photographers first -- styles clearly vary based perhaps on what they are comfortable with?

They also offered casual portraits and black and white portraits (on other days). Didn't have any of those done -- they were awesome, though, to look at in the gallery.

I think you're smart to take advantage of this -- take lots of photos and choose the ones you like best! Cost for the smaller size (maybe 6 x8) -- $25 each (and copies the same price). Not sure how much enlargements are.

Enjoy your cruise and congrats on the anniversary!

Pete

OK, I am taking total advantage of my DH while we are on our 10yr anniversary cruise! I told him we will be getting LOTS of pics taken, in front of any background, gown and tux, khackis and button downs, whatever! Would anyone be willing to share some of their portraits that they have had taken on Princess recently?? TIA! Sharon

Hi Sharon!

Here's one of my favorites - It was a special request on the Ocean Princess in 2001...I hope this works.

scan0064.JPG.3b781396dde968ff6ee7199ad86523be.JPG

From another Sharon :) Special request? What's that mean? I mean, I KNOW what it means, but you can just request them to take the photo wherever? Peaked my interest :) Sharon

Hi!

This Sharon thing is getting confusing....:D

Yes, we went to the photo gallery early in the cruise and spoke to one of the photographers and told her that we'd like a picture out on deck on the formal night. She told said it was no problem and we arranged to meet near the gallery, she took 5 or 6 pictures of us on Promenade deck. We loved them and bought them all. They remain my favorite of all the cruise pictures we've had taken. They are 5x7. She held them for us at the photo gallery.

I have another special request photo from 1997 - we wanted to be holding our champagne glasses and toasting each other...let me see if I can upload it.

130132179_SunPrincessChristmasCruise1997-11(2).JPG.a0f697d1f9b2e899a66dbbdbb3491ba2.JPG

Sharon (Crusdiva)

What a great idea.............I can't believe I never thought of asking a photographer for a special request after taking 45+ cruises. It's amazing how much you can learn from these boards.

Thanks & Happy Cruising!!!!!

Helane

I took my father on our last cruise. We skipped the formal nights. BUT, we did go down and speak with the photographer just before the crowds started to come in. He took some great snaps. In fact he did not like the first batch (didital) so he took them over again. You can have any portrait taken...it does not have to be formal night and it does not have to be in the Atrium. Most of the photo staff will be more than happy to oblige. THis has been our experience on Princess, Celebrity, and NCL.

Archived