junior suite

Can anyone tell me what the Junior suite perks are on the Brillance of the Seas? Oh, the only suite that is available on the cruise I am looking at is the corner aft. It also shows what looks like stairs near it. I was on the aft on the Carnival Glory and had the worse cruise ever. Every one could look down on us and it was so rocky, the whole cabin creaked and I slide up and down the bed the whole cruise. Plus one day we were out on the balcony and some one chucked an ice cream cone down on the balcony. This is the last suite left on the cruise I want. Any info?

An aft cabin on that ship is highly desired... if you can get it, go for it. As for "perks" there really aren't any. They call it a mini suite, but it's really just an extra extra large regular cabin with a bathtub. You do not get access to the concierge club. But as far as room goes, you get plenty of it... and with an aft balcony, the balcony is extra big, too...

Hey Matt:

I've read some weird stuff on these threads regarding entitlements of JR suites (as you know we ipgraded to aft JS on Voyager in Aug). Some say we get priority check-in, others not. I guess it depends on the port and staff. Others said we get the use of robes (all u have to do is ask the steward). Who knows- the only thing I do know is no concierge lounge. We're just enjoying the xtra space and extra cruise credit to Platinum. Take care. Lonnie

I've recently (4/19/04) sailed on the Brilliance in the JS corner aft (1100). The stairs you mention are crew only. We had no noise in our cabin from that area. Never had anythiing fall on the balcony from above. It is a beautiful suite, I LOVED the balcony, it's very large. The crew does smoke in the stairwell of those stairs and the cabin smelled smoky when we boarded. I brought fabreeze and sprayed the cabin and hung an airfreshner and it always smelled nice after that. (We smoke but not in our cabin. I don't like the smell). I mention this just in case you don't like smoke smell.

I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. We had excellent service from our attendant and really enjoyed the extra space. I felt we had more room than the B suites that we visited.

It seems like Galveston pier people have allowed JS bookings to go priority... at MIA, it was strictly forbidden, and also in Los Angeles, Seattle, and Vanvcouver. However, someone with us got by in Los Angeles because the pier person didn't check the type of suite because she was distracted. You may luck out on the boarding, just don't count on it.

As for robes, I think if you ask, you get... especially if you have a good steward. Of course, there are plenty of stories of people in all cabin types giving their steward a down payment on their tip at the start of the cruise and getting robes.

The big plus is the extra room.. and I think having the tub and not the teeny shower is pretty cool, too.

Archived