EOS D1 and D2...what is the difference?

Is it just the size of the room? Is there a big difference in the room sizes?

I just booked yesterday. A friend of mine won a free cruise on our last cruise on VOS and she was given a D1 on deck 9. I called to see if I could get something near her and I was told that there was nothing left in the D1 category and they gave me a D2 on deck 8.

Now today I check again and there are D1's left on deck 8...just down from the room that I have already reserved.

I'm not sure if it is worth the (small) price difference to upgrade??

Which EOS?? Explorer? Empress?

At any rate, the difference between a D1 and D2 is location. D1 rooms are located in "more desirable" locations. This is, of course, a subjective assessment made by the cruise line.

Actually, on Voyager class, location has almost nothing to do with it. If you look at the deck plans, you will notice that D1 and D2 are all over every deck, and that you can get a D1, which is the more expensive of the two, right next door to a D2. The main difference is that D1 cabins sleep more people. D1 cabins have a sofa bed, where D2 cabins only have a sofa with no bed. That is the difference between the two. I would stay where you are as if you change to a more expensive cabin, there will be no difference in size or view. It would be a waste of money! Stay where you are.

Archived