Checkin in luggage RCL

I have never cruised with RCL but when we did with NCL we got confused because as soon as you arrive at the port in Miami, there are guys asking to take care of your luggage. We just gave them to him and hoped we did the right thing. Our luggage made it to us okay. This time I would like to know is this the norm or is there a desk at RCL that takes care of the luggage? If giving it to those guys is the norm, how much do you tip them?:)

Giving your luggage to the dock porters is the norm for every cruise line. You pull up, a porter comes over and you give him your bags. I tip two bucks per bag because those bags are usually quite heavy.

I'm usually coming in from a flight and the luggage is put on the shuttle so I never see it until it gets to my room later that day. Do yourself a big favor and get to the ship after 1PM that way you can drop your carryon luggage into your cabin right away and then go to lunch.:)

Archived