New RCCL Cruiser

mpen

Hello:

This is my first time cruising with RCCL. We are sailing on the Enchantment out of FLL going to Jamaica and George Town and I just have a few quick questions.

Can anybody recommend the best way to visit Dunns Falls in Jamaica? I want to have a good experience and don't want to be pushed or hassled around. Can anybody recommend a particular part of the beach in George Town where jou can use a hotel's facilities for a fee (how much is the fee more or less).

Are lemonade and ice tea available throughout the day and in the dining room for dinner? We don't drink soda and I have read that these drinks are available at no charge.

I thank you in advance for your responses.;)

First, let me say "Welcome" to cruise critic! We hope you enjoy the boards, and your first cruise on Royal Caribbean.

My DW and I have rented a car to travel the island, have hired a guide to travel to certain destinations around the island, and have ridden the local bus. The most expensive way to see Dunns River Falls is on one of the ships excurisions.

As far as free time at different beach hotels, search here on CC and then go directly to the hotel websites and ask.

Rick

Hello:

This is my first time cruising with RCCL. We are sailing on the Enchantment out of FLL going to Jamaica and George Town and I just have a few quick questions.

Are lemonade and ice tea available throughout the day and in the dining room for dinner? We don't drink soda and I have read that these drinks are available at no charge.

I thank you in advance for your responses.;)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Lots of information here.

Lemonade and iced tea are available for free in different places on the ship. I always carry an insulated mug with me and the staff in the Windjammer are glad to fill it for me. However, you will always find drinks in Windjammer, sometimes at a station by the pool depending on the ship, and at some of the speciality restaurants in the Promenade. Oh, yes you can order either with your evening meal.

Hope this helps.

d

Last October we climbed the Dunn's River Falls. It was alot of fun...probably the best excursion we did. I booked a tour with Phil Lafayette (www.phil-lafayette-tours.com). He picked us up at the pier (there were only 6 people total in his van. ) He was such a great guide and proud of his country. Phil took us to Dunn's River Falls as our first stop. We went early and beat the crowd! Climbing the fall was awesome. Then he took us to do the tubing on White River. That was fun too...just a little cold at first. After that, he picked us up and took us on a little tour and then dropped us off at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, which was a short distance from the pier. He was VERY accommodating and alot of fun. I highly recommend him.

Have Fun!

Last October we climbed the Dunn's River Falls. It was alot of fun...probably the best excursion we did. I booked a tour with Phil Lafayette (www.phil-lafayette-tours.com). He picked us up at the pier (there were only 6 people total in his van. ) He was such a great guide and proud of his country. Phil took us to Dunn's River Falls as our first stop. We went early and beat the crowd! Climbing the fall was awesome. Then he took us to do the tubing on White River. That was fun too...just a little cold at first. After that, he picked us up and took us on a little tour and then dropped us off at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, which was a short distance from the pier. He was VERY accommodating and alot of fun. I highly recommend him.

Have Fun!

Hey jmat!

You beat me to it!I was going to suggest the same thing! You can go to http://www.cruisejamaica.com Welcome mpen!Good Luck and hope you enjoy your Cruise! also you can use a search engine for jamaica tourguides on the net!

Can anybody recommend a particular part of the beach in George Town where jou can use a hotel's facilities for a fee (how much is the fee more or less).

The main tourist beach in Grand Cayman is Seven Mile Beach. When you go to Grand Cayman you will go ashore by tender as there is no dock. When you exit the tender pier there will be a taxi stand. Any taxi will take you to Seven Mile Beach for about $4 per person. The taxi driver can tell you the names of the various beach clubs that you can get off at to use the facilties. The main tourist hotels in Grand Cayman do not sell day passes for cruise ship passengers.

The main tourist beach in Grand Cayman is Seven Mile Beach. When you go to Grand Cayman you will go ashore by tender as there is no dock. When you exit the tender pier there will be a taxi stand. Any taxi will take you to Seven Mile Beach for about $4 per person. The taxi driver can tell you the names of the various beach clubs that you can get off at to use the facilties. The main tourist hotels in Grand Cayman do not sell day passes for cruise ship passengers.

Boy that sucks!That the hotels dont sell day passes to cruisers! do you know why? Cozumel does! Thanks for the Beach Info as well! How about a tour for Divers! Im a certified diver,Id like to just do some good relaxing dives instead of the Recovery Dives I do!

Thanks Much!

Archived